A residential Condominium community located in Burlington is looking for a full-time live-in Superintendent. Either a single person or a couple will be considered.
The successful candidate(s) will be provided with a large unfurnished suite as part of a compensation package in addition to a competitive salary.
All applicants should have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Superintendent in either a multi-residential Condominium and/or a rental building. Below is a list of general duties to be assigned.
1. Supervise the cleaning and routine maintenance of all indoor and outdoor common elements of the Corporation.
2. To attend to and take appropriate action in emergency situations, whether on the common elements or within a unit.
3. To assist trades people in any reasonable manner relative to the common elements of the Corporation, or alternatively, to units where proper authority has been given by the owner permitting access.
4. To assist owners in any reasonable manner relative to the common elements of the Corporation.
5. To institute and practice good public relations with all occupants.
6. To organize work and time to meet the performance standards and contract schedules and the requirements of rotational duties.
7. Be available by cellphone at the site
8. Miscellaneous general supervision of all common elements during reasonable hours and report any abnormal activity, occurrence or situation to the Property Manager as soon as possible.
9. Schedule and co-ordinate use of the elevator during moves and deliveries (in accordance with the Rules of the Corporation) and ensure protective pads and carpeting is installed in the elevator.
10. Copy and post notices provided by the Property Manager as needed from time to time.
11. Store all keys in an orderly fashion. This will include not only keys for the common area, but also keys for the residential suites.
12. Receive and sign for shipments on behalf of the Corporations and immediately report receipt of all shipments to the Property Manager.
13. Monitor the common area and assist the Corporations in the enforcement of their Declaration, By-laws and Rules by notifying the appropriate authority, i.e., the Property Manager, Security Staff, Police or By-law Enforcement Officer of any concerns.
14. Maintain, at adequate levels, an inventory of tools, chemicals, parts and other supplies. Maintain orderly storage of same. Keep records relating to same. All ordering is to be done by the Property Manager, or at the direction of the Property Manager.
15. Undertake miscellaneous jobs or repairs that do not require a licensed tradesman including but not limited to: tightening hardware, minor drywall patching, replacing bulbs, touch up painting and painting in the maintenance and locker rooms.
16. Remove any unauthorized notices and/or advertisements placed throughout the building.
17. Ensure that all contractors maintain any logs required by the Corporations.
18. Maintain any logs and records required by the Corporations.
19. Comply with all policies, procedures and guidelines of the Corporation.
20.. Perform such other duties as the Property Manager may assign from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Superintendent: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person