J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmills Division is recruiting for Maintenance Superintendents.
- Academically qualified as an Engineer with a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university
- P.Eng designation required or eligibility to hold one
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in an industrial maintenance setting
- Knowledge of safety compliance programs and best practices
- Knowledge in key maintenance programs, such as reliability metrics, parts inventory management, project management, PLC programming, machining, and mechanical practices is essential
- Experience in budget management is required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English is required, both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to consistently meet deadlines while energizing and motivating a team
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and JD Edwards
- Knowledge of daily management processes will be considered an asset but is not required
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is considered an asset but is not required
- Oversee the complete maintenance program including a team of Supervisors, Maintenance Planners, Reliability Engineers, Industrial Mechanics, Welders, Filers, Stock Room Clerks and Electricians
- Maintain, develop, or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and development to the team. Manage training and development programs
- Manage and prepare maintenance spending budgets
- Parts and inventory control, payroll processing, and preparing and actioning the team to improve and manage key performance indicators in the department
- Track, analyze, and improve key maintenance parameters such as: PM compliance, maintenance cost, and scheduled compliance
- Commitment to operational excellence in a safe work environment is necessary
J.D. Irving, Limited is a large, diversified company based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 19,000 employees in Canada, the United States, and select international locations. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited’s Sawmills and Woodlands Divisions employ over 1800 people throughout our locations in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Canada, and Maine, USA. You are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results while ensuring our forests are secure for future generations. Our Woodlands operation cares for our forests and supports our 10 sawmills as they produce multiple lumber products using the most advanced technology.
At J.D. Irving, Limited we will provide you with unlimited career opportunities in a team-based collaborative environment while helping you achieve your professional goals. Whether you want to build your career nationally or in the global marketplace, you'll have the chance to use your expertise, expand your skill set and learn new things working for a family-oriented company that appreciates you want a balanced lifestyle.
Since our inception over 135 years ago, our employees continue to build JDI into a diverse group of performance driven enterprises. We are focused on continuous improvement, starting with you.
Relocation supports are available.
Where To Apply:
Please apply online through www.careers.jdirving.com
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.