Shoreham Development is currently sourcing a highly organized and professional 2-person live-in Building Manager/Superintendent
The successful applicant(s) will be responsible for property maintenance for a 3-building complex with a total of 96 units, including mechanical systems, administrative duties, cleaning duties and ensuring the community is well maintained and in presentable order on a daily basis. The ideal candidates would be a couple who are able to live in and have a strong background in property management.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary of $40k
- Excellent company benefits including dental care and extended health coverage
- Keep the suitable present residents and help attract a high caliber of new residents when needed.
- Perform landscaping duties
- Address common area deficiencies by making repairs or escalating the matter to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Complete regular scheduled inspections
- Inspect all vacant units to ensure unit is in good showing condition
- Respond to all emergencies such as fire, floor, heat malfunctions, leaks, elevator failure, power failure and any other such problems that could be termed as an emergency
- Secure the property by controlling master keys and the keys of all vacant suites
- Test all fire alarms and emergency generators, carry out all inspections and update all logbooks required for fire safety
- Inspect sidewalk and driveway conditions a minimum of 3 times a day and maintain a daily snow log form during the winter season
- Maintain overall cleanliness of properties, including but not limited to, all common areas, hallways, stairwells, the perimeter of buildings, courtyards, basements and alleys
- Efficient and responsible waste collection
- Address repair requests
- Keep storage units neat and tidy and inventory off all supplies and company property communicated to the Maintenance Supervisor regularly
Who you are: * Experience in building and mechanical maintenance repair, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post secondary trade(s)/education is considered an asset
- Couples who are able to live in are preferred
- Knowledge in using hand and power tools
- Problem-solving, ownership of responsibilities, able to anticipate and address issues in emergency situations
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with tenants, people-focused, positive and stay professional at all times
- Time management, being organized, setting priorities, meeting daily targets and deadlines.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person