Warehouse Forklift Operator
Regular, Full time
Coquitlam, British Columbia
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Forklift Operator picks and puts back orders from and to it's proper locations.
- Pull reels based on paper orders
- Enter move transactions into Rubicon (warehouse management system)
- Move picked reels into cutting lines and position them in the proper lanes and that they can roll into place
- Bring empty reels to the cutting lines for the cutters to use
- Keep inventory sections in clean, organized fashion when pulling orders
- Assist shipping department with loading trucks if necessary
- Assist cutters with moving reels into place (when necessary)
- Sweep aisles, cutting lines, walkways when needed
- Any tasks assigned by supervisors or managers
- Operate equipment in a safe manner according to Health and Safety guidelines
- Experience in a similar position is an asset;
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and meet key deadlines;
- Team player, adaptable, energetic with a positive professional attitude;
- Demonstrated initiative to self-improvement of your business and product skills;
- Good PC skills including MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Proactive in finding ways to improve productivity in the Warehouse;
- Must be able to handle items under 50lbs;
- Valid forklift certificate is an asset; otherwise training will be provided.
What’s in it for you
Voted Great Place to Work®, you can build an interesting and challenging career with possibility of advancement as well as continued personal and professional development. Noramco has always given its employees the opportunity to develop their autonomy, professional skills and competencies. By joining us, you will integrate a team of motivated, competent, and engaged team players. Our Total Rewards package focuses on our human capital to create an environment where our employees can reach their full potential.
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, dynamic, empowering and friendly work environment open to today’s reality.
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity; you are encouraged to create, improve, learn and surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favorable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Electric vehicle charging stations in many of our locations
Noramco ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coquitlam, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- We will be moving from Co)quitlam to Abbotsford this year. Are you able to commute to both? Yes or No (leaving this blank will void application)
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Forklift: 3 years (required)
- pulling orders: 2 years (preferred)
- manual labour: 2 years (preferred)
- warehouse: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person