We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Director of Retirement Marketing Content, Canada Retirement is a high-value role for Canada Retirement. Reporting to the Head of Global Retirement Content, you’ll be responsible for the conception, editing and drafting of impactful content geared to retirement plan sponsors, advisors and members, and for managing a team of writers. Your ability to write and edit short-, medium- and long-form content will make you a trusted partner for the greater marketing team and the go-to person for everything written.
We’re looking for a writer with strong knowledge of the Canadian retirement landscape and the challenges and opportunities faced by Canadians they save for a better retirement. We need a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple competing priorities. Being highly collaborative, working well with cross-functional partners and being able to navigate a large organization are essential.
Enhancing Manulife’s brand as a global, digital-first inspiring leader is a top priority for the firm. Your work and the team's work will fuel Manulife’s group retirement website and digital marketing platforms, as well campaigns targeted to our advisor, consultant, plan sponsor, and member audiences.
- Develop ideas, research, edit and draft content (white papers, emails to various partners, social media posts, marketing collateral, speeches, speaking notes) related to the Canadian retirement landscape
- Act as a trusted source for everyone in the greater retirement marketing, product, and sales teams who are seeking expertise in writing
- Maintain and continue to develop an in-depth understanding of the retirement industry, including products, regulatory frameworks, plan design, investment plan lineups, etc. in order to deliver confident writing at multiple levels of sophistication
- Guide the team in contributing best-in-class writing to drive brand awareness, foster customer engagement, and generate business leads
- Use a variety of technologies and software platforms to collaborate, write, and publish work in a fundamentally digital work environment
- Collaborate with marketing, product teams, internal and external sales, relationship management teams, legal, compliance, design, digital experience, and other areas of the organization to complete assignments
- Maintain a level of professionalism consistent with one of a leading retirement plan provider
- Live our values of “think big,” “own it,” “get it done together,” “share your humanity,” “customer obsession,” and “do the right thing"
- Ability to lead a team, as well as work independently and as part of a team
- The successful candidate will be required to communicate in English in order to support clients from various jurisdictions outside of Quebec.
Education, experience, and skills:
- 5+ years of writing experience for the financial sector, particularly in the retirement field, or a combination of retirement marketing experience and excellent writing skills
- Bachelor degree required. MBA, financial certifications, or advanced degree a plus but not required.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- In-depth understanding of the Canadian retirement landscape, and well versed in retirement financial products
- Understanding of channel-specific dynamics (consultant, advisor, plan sponsor, member)
- Ability to synthesize and simplify content so it's quickly and easily understood by the reader
Experience leading teams is a plus
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all collaborators and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Salary range is expected to be between
$100,500.00 CAD - $180,900.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.