Warehouse / Truck Driver
Medicine Hat ReStore
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, and building materials at 40-80% below regular retail prices. Products are donated by households and businesses in the community, and the proceeds from the sale of these products support Habitat for Humanity in southern Alberta. With revenues exceeding $4 million annually, the ReStores in Calgary and Medicine Hat address an important community need, support environmental responsibility, and together, make up one of the largest ReStore operations in Canada.
ReStore is looking for people who want opportunities to develop and grow, take initiative and work well within a team environment! We are currently looking for a Warehouse / Truck Driver (Permanent Full-Time) to join our Medicine Hat ReStore.
Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta ReStore’s value their employees and provides a comprehensive and competitive benefit program including:
- Health & Dental Benefit Program.
- Sick days.
- (2) weeks paid vacation time (equivalent to weekly hours worked).
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Clean, test, assemble and price products to ensure that are competitive for ReStore market.
- Carry out warehouse duties.
- Operate the ReStore truck and ensure cleanliness of the truck.
- Conduct regular inspections, top up fluids, and inform the ReStore Manager if service is required.
- Provide good customer service and friendly demeanor when picking up and/or receiving donations.
- Maintain good working relationship with customers, donors, suppliers, homeowners, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ensure the safe pick up and un-loading of all donations and deliveries by following ReStore safety policies and procedures.
- Problem solving for all donation and delivery issues including, but not limited to, declining donations in respectful manner when required.
- Inspect products to ensure they are in a saleable condition.
- Able to evaluate, differentiate and made decisions on sellable, recyclable and unsellable donations.
- Proven excellent customer service experience and skills.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of DIY (do it yourself) building projects and materials an asset.
- Some customer service or sales experience/cashier experience desired.
- Prioritize effectively and communicate well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to complete a job with accuracy, proficiency and effectiveness.
- Capacity to work under pressure in a fast–paced environment.
- Ability to regularly adapt to changing needs of the organization.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to spend the majority of the day standing or moving around the store.
- Able to work flexible hours.
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply in-person at the Medicine Hat ReStore or send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected].
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Work Location: In person