The RSR Purpose is to create a world without waste to preserve our planet.
Come work in the business of sustainability and saving the planet! If you want to be a part of the solution towards a healthy and sustainable environment, then Richmond Steel Recycling is the place for you.
- Pension plan
- Extended health, vision, and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Team atmosphere
- Training and Development
- and More!
Reporting to the EHS Regional Manager, the EHS Coordinator is part of a team of 5 and is responsible for ensuring facility operations comply with federal, provincial and local regulations. This includes environmental, industrial hygiene, occupational health regulations, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods, etc. He/she is also responsible for administration of Environmental, Health and Safety programs.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The EHS Coordinator will assist in the coordination of safety activities and projects for the four facilities based in BC. They will perform internal audits, inspections, new employee and contractor orientations and prepare and deliver weekly safety stand down meetings. The EHS Coordinator is responsible for assigning and tracking all training as well as maintaining both hard copy and training matrix. This position is based in Richmond and requires a reliable vehicle as there is no transit available.
A High degree of initiative is required to research the standards; sound decision making required for prioritization; sound creativity skills necessary to keep training sessions interesting and promote employee involvement in EHS programs.
This position is responsible for assisting and working with Management to successfully implement and maintain the RSR safety management program. He/she has a direct impact on keeping the company compliant with all applicable OHS regulations.
- Ensure all regulatory documentation is obtained and reports, notifications are filed in a timely manner
- Update all OHS standards, and operational plans
- Perform health and safety inspections and reporting requirements
- Participate in the investigation of accidents and injuries and subsequent corrective actions
- Follows up on corrective actions to ensure issues have been resolved
- Assist with the development of safety training materials
- Conducts training sessions (new hire yard orientation, LOTO, etc.)
- Participate as a member of the JHSC
- Develop, and after approval, implement any necessary EHS procedures or programs as needed
- Ensure the implementation of the RSR Safety program through effective communication, education and involvement of RSR management and line supervision
- Documentation and recordkeeping of EHS data to include the tracking of accidents, maintaining training matrix, KPI’s, and training data
- Provide consultation relative to EHS issues to all RSR management and line supervision relative to sustainability of the RSR Safety program
- All other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in OHS or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with developing OHS related programs
- Experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Experience in the recycling field desirable
- Ability to interpret and communicate regulations
- Ability to manage and guide employees in meeting the requirements of EHS policies
- Proven strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Basic video/audio/image editing skills to create training materialsExperience with internet to research rules and regulations, etc.
- Must have British Columbia OHS experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year