ACTRA (Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists) is the national union of over 28,000 professional performers working in English-language recorded media in Canada, including TV, film, radio, and digital media. ACTRA’s principal role is to negotiate, administer and enforce collective agreements to provide performers with equitable compensation as well as safe and reasonable working conditions.
ACTRA Maritimes is seeking a full-time:
Under the direction of the Regional Director, the Branch Representative-Maritimes will provide the highest standards of service in representing members.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for implementing policies and objectives as determined by nationally constituted bodies and locally elected councils under the overall direction of the Regional Director
- Acting as staff liaison between the membership of the local region and their engagers.
- Responsible for the administration of all ACTRA Collective Agreements relevant to the Branch. This includes:
- providing interpretations
- ensuring compliance by members and engagers
- resolution of problems including the initiation and presentation of local grievances related to the enforcement of the Collective Agreements.
- Stewarding of workplace and working conditions.
- Negotiation of ACTRA local Agreements and variances to National Agreements as may be required by circumstances and sanctioned by the National Executive Director.
- Organizing to increase and strengthen local ACTRA jurisdiction through recruitment of performers to work solely under ACTRA contracts, and producers to become signatory to appropriate ACTRA Agreements.
- Maintaining and improving ACTRA’s profile in the community and industry at large, as well as the marketing of the local ACTRA membership to the local and national industry.
- Supervision of Branch staff, as required.
- Office management and administration, as required.
- Assisting the local Branch Council in Branch initiatives.
- Other related duties and projects generally considered to be within the job category.
- University Degree in Business or Industrial Relations preferred.
- At minimum two (2) years related experience required.
- Knowledge of collective agreements, collective bargaining, and labour relations as it relates to negotiations and strategy preferred.
- Knowledge of the film and television industry an asset.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines are essential.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft office and including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-Point.
- Demonstrated experience in the:
- interpretation of agreement and contract language
- preparation and presentation of grievances
- Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively, orally and in writing with a customer service focus
- work independently
- The position may require travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by October 13, 2023.
NOTE: this position is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and is in-office based.
ACTRA is committed to employment and pay equity and we encourage applications from all equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, Indigenous and other racialized communities, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ communities. If you require an accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $83,196.00-$100,489.00 per year
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-13