Join the KBL Team!
KBL Environmental Ltd. (KBL) is a Canadian business providing customers with waste management services and systems. We have proudly developed a culture of safety excellence, delivering quality of services with a reputation for innovation.
Our team consists of a group of like-minded individuals driven by the desire to excel in their role and provide innovative environmental solutions. Our team is rooted in our core values of being diligent, resourceful, and responsible. These values drive the day-to-day operations at KBL and help to ensure our services are delivered with care and conscientiousness. To learn more about KBL please visit our website at www.kblenv.com.
If you are driven, innovative, and inspired individual you might just be the perfect fit!
We are currently seeking to add a Driver / Waste Technician to our team
Job Type: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor, the Waste Technician must enjoy working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Be able to follow verbal instructions well, work with dangerous goods and be able to operate small to large-size equipment. Waste Technicians are expected to handle waste in a timely and effective manner. This includes identifying waste it is comes in, consolidating into larger containers, preparing for transportation, and building loads to send to end receivers. Additionally, this job will require periodic travel to do project related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Identifying, handling and preparing waste in accordance with legislation and TDG regulations;
- Providing great customer interactions, both at KBL and while representing KBL;
- Completing customer pick ups and drop offs;
- Completing equipment inspections and doing daily maintenance as needed to ensure safe operations of equipment;
- Providing Supervisor with all required information to complete paperwork;
- Filling out load sheets and load inventories;
- Loading and unloading trailers and customer drop offs;
- Ensure Safe Work Practices (SWP’s), follow Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), reporting near misses and all incidents to Supervisor;
- Using visual aids to maintain tidiness of the facility and yard to ensure compliance;
- Filling out consolidation reports for all consolidation;
- Able to work unsupervised in remote areas;
- Able to confidently operate small to large sized equipment safely and confidently;
- Assisting in the response of emergency spill clean up
- And be willing to travel as needed to completed project related work.
- Tools, Systems, Equipment and Machinery
- Rubber Tired Loader;
- Pallet jack;
- Skid Steer;
- Various types of processing equipment; and
- Various hand tools.
- Compliance, Health and Safety Support:
- Lead by example and promote a culture of safety and environmental protection in the workplace. Ensure adherence to KBL’s Health and Safety Management System by having a good knowledge of safe work standards, policies and procedures relevant to the facility and the work performed by facility personnel;
- Assist with assessing needs, source and distribute PPE;
- Participate in toolbox meetings;
- Complete and/or assist with completion of FLHAs;
- Timely provision of HSE related documents to HSE Representative or Administrative personnel; and
- Class 1 or 3 Unrestricted Drivers license
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions;
- Must be physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions;
- WHMIS Certification – KBL will provide training;
- TDG Certification – KBL will provide training;
- Due to possible exposure immunizations are recommended; and
- Class 1 or 3 Unrestricted Drivers license
There is a possibility of cuts, bruises, straining, disease and /or severe injury if safe work practices are not followed.
Work is carried out indoors and outdoors in extreme weather in winter months. There can be exposure to dust, noise, mud, water, smoke, and bacteria.
What KBL offer’s the right candidate
- A rewarding career
- Long term and stable employment
- Opportunity for growth
- The opportunity for continued learning
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Comfortable and modern workspace and amenities
- Competitive pay that matches your experience and qualifications
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.