*** SIGNING BONUS ***
LIFE ENRICHMENT AIDE
If you want to make the difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. Centennial Place is the leading long-term care home in the region, located just minutes south of Peterborough. Join our team and make a difference!
Centennial Place is looking for a part-time Life Enrichment Aide who will share in our passion for providing superior levels of service to our residents. As our successful candidate, you will work closely with staff, residents, and resident families to design and implement an array of stimulating programs to further enrich the lives of our residents.
As our Life Enrichment Aide, you will:
- Assist in developing and implementing a variety of programming that maximizes resident participation and promotes adult-Montessori concepts in accordance with individual Care Plans
- Provide assistance in completion of individualized assessments for residents and incorporating individual needs into general programming, providing tailored plans as appropriate
- Document all relevant activities with accuracy and in accordance with policy and all RAI-MDS and MOHLTC requirements
- Participate in care planning and program reviews that meet identified Care Plan goals
- Maintain and promote good relationships with resident family members, including seeking opportunities to include families in events
- Maintain and promote good communication with staff from all departments
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Must be available to work various shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Post-secondary education with a degree/diploma in Recreational/Leisure studies or Kinesiology, or the equivalent as specified by the MOHLTC regulations
- Education or experience working with older adults and the cognitively challenged is an asset
- Recent graduates who have successfully completed a placement in a Retirement Community or Long Term Care setting will be considered
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills are essential
Why Choose Centennial Place?
- Top-quartile waitlist performance
- Early adopter of adult Montessori concepts, with best-in-class restorative care program
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Leading edge health care technology
- Fully accredited, with leading compliance results in the region
- Home-like work environment, with carpeted hallways and no overhead paging systems
- A pacesetter in adopting long-term care Best Practices
- The first in-Home Peritoneal Dialysis program in the region
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities.
We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Work Location: In person