The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for ensuring accurate and seamless outgoing shipments and receiving/processing of incoming shipments. The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting.
The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming and outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Match product with shipping or purchase orders
- Maintain a safe work environment
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Working experience in a Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic math skills.
- Must pass criminal record check
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and E-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Must be able to lift +40lbs
- Hours : 7:30am – 4:00pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Shipper/receiver: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person