Hydrogen is the fuel of the future! Every day, countries around the world are advancing their hydrogen strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and build a greener planet. In Canada, HTEC is leading the way having built Canada’s first hydrogen fueling station network. We own and operate 5 hydrogen fueling stations in the country and are developing several more. Are you eager to build your career in a growing company alongside a team of highly-talented and passionate individuals? Keep reading! We may have your dream job!
At HTEC, we’re unlocking the potential of hydrogen to reduce climate change and air pollution. Based in Vancouver, we design, build, and operate hydrogen fuel production, distribution and supply solutions to advance the deployment of hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles.
We run a values-based business so fit comes first. Sure, we’ve got a list of knowledge, skills, and abilities we’re looking for in the successful candidate, and we lay those out below. But making sure our values align is critical. Read our values and if we are a match and you can deliver on the job responsibilities and requirements, we hope to hear from you!
We are seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to work as part of the Sales & Marketing Team. This role requires both strategic thinking and planning, and doing.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, this role will develop and manage a high-performing team of 3 direct reports with a potential for more reports. This position requires the ability to work across the organization, manage multiple projects at once with multiple teams and build cohesive marketing-communication campaigns.
· Identify industry events for HTEC to determine attendance, sponsorship, participation, speaking opportunities, etc.
· Manage HTEC’s Event Marketing Program – including but not limited to registration, promotion sponsorships, booth graphics, materials, promotional giveaways, panel sessions, presentations and event led management.
· Ensure consistency in branding across HTEC’s products, projects, vehicles, equipment, stations, productions plants and other marketing materials.
· Lead the coordination of brand installation on equipment, stations, production plants, etc.
· Provide direction and counsel for branding requirements across various projects and business units.
· Provide input into community/stakeholder engagement strategies.
· Support project teams in implementing community/stakeholder engagement campaigns/programs.
· Support project teams with permitting requirements in relation to community/stakeholder engagement.
· Build and maintain relationships with marketing-communications counterparts within the industry and governments.
· Lead the development and implementation of marketing-communications strategies, plans, and protocols.
· Proactively manage the HTEC reputation, including leading issues management and crisis communications as required.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues that have the potential to impact HTEC’s reputation. Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and to define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the marketing-communications function including budgeting, planning, staff increases and team development.
- Develop and manage all marketing-communications material; lead the creation of digital, video, audio, and print content such as newsletters, press releases, flyers, website pages, social media posts and campaigns, media kits, talking points, and more.
- Foster positive awareness among external stakeholders via effective media and public relations.
- Responsible for delivering and guiding engaging employee communications which align with the organization’s business objective.
- Represent HTEC on external industry committees.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum fifteen years’ experience in a senior role either in-house or with an agency.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communication, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and coaching a marketing-communications team.
- Energetic, self-reliant, good problem solver, and results oriented.
- Ability to understand technical and complex subjects with experience working with STEM based organizations an asset.
- Hydrogen and fuel cell experience an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral French an asset.
HTEC is committed to fostering a equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace and recognizes the important role that equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) play in creating a supportive and welcoming environment where all employees feel valued and respected.
We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples; members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. We recognize the value that a diverse workforce brings in terms of different perspectives and ideas that contribute to our success.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- agency or in-house marcom: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person