Hours per week: This is a casual position working up to 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Full-time and part-time work available.
Pay Rate: $23.61 per hour
Driven by our desire to help students thrive in their academic and personal lives, the Saanich School District provides quality educational programs and a safe and nurturing learning environment for the over 7,000 culturally diverse students within its 18 schools. Serving the Saanich Peninsula located just north of Victoria, BC, the district has one of the highest graduation rates in the province and a student body that consistently scores well on annual assessment tests, thanks in large part to the dedication and efforts of our 900 teaching and support staff.
Under direct supervision of the Custodial Supervisor/Head Custodian, performs cleaning and minor maintenance tasks to ensure that district facilities are maintained with regard to safety, sanitation, security and appearance.
- Cleans by dusting, mopping, washing, vacuuming, polishing, brushing, disinfecting or scrubbing all surfaces of furniture, furnishings, floors, walls and other surfaces and restocks washroom supplies
- Cleans glass surfaces not requiring the use of scaffolds or safety devices
- Cleans and maintains wax and polish finishes on floors, furniture and fixture surface coatings
- refinishes floors
- Requests and stores cleaning supplies and materials and provides routine maintenance on cleaning tools and equipment
- Clears and cleans waste containers and disposes office refuse and recyclables (paper, cardboard) in outside bins
- Moves furniture and equipment as requested by the Administrator and approved by the Custodial Supervisor
- Reports furniture, fixtures and other facilities in need of repair and performs minor maintenance including the replacement of lamps and tubes
- Locks, secures and activates building security system
- Facilitates community use groups
- Assists temporary employees when directed by the Head Custodian
- Performs minor maintenance (carpet cleaner, buffers, scrubbers)
- Responds to heat, fire and alarm systems according to procedures
* Performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
- Grade 10
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license (for multi-location positions)
- Relevant skills (e.g. custodial and housekeeping services)
- Six months related experience
- Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation and WCB regulations
* Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $23.61 per hour
Work Location: In person