Senior Marine Structural Engineer
Advisian, Worley Group
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley with more than 2,000 people in 19 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals, and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of Worley Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
Advisian is a leading provider of Ports and Marine services. We have a culture which seeks to challenge conventional and preconceived ideas. We have the sophisticated tools and skills necessary to provide innovative solutions to our customers, whether it is support for investment decisions through to the engineering design and delivery of Facilities. Unlike most Consulting and Advisory firms, Advisian is a technical world leader in maritime science and engineering, able to draw on comprehensive study, design, project management and construction supervision service experience to provide the right advice through the entire project cycle. Our diverse maritime capability, together with the understanding of complex port and marine terminal requirements for commercial ports, mining and hydrocarbons industries, allows us to deliver integrated and cost-effective solutions to our customers.
The Senior Marine Structural Engineer/Specialist is a full-time position based in Vancouver, BC. Canada.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Lead team(s) in the design of marine structures including docks, marinas, ports, ferry terminals, piers, steel sheet pile structures, steel and timber pile structures, floating structures and waterfront facilities.
- Undertake, supervise and provide technical mentorship on analysis, modelling, reports, design and drawings for marine structural engineering design.
- Responsible for development of design criteria and construction specifications.
- Oversee preparation of quantity take-offs and assist in the preparation of capital cost estimates.
- Conduct peer reviews and facilitate quality assurance reviews.
- Attend project coordination meetings and liaise with project team members, clients, sub-consultants, contractors and regulatory and environmental approval agencies.
- Analyze tenders, review construction claims, prepare change orders, and process claims for monthly progress.
- Monitor construction progress through site visits and meetings with clients and contractors.
- Actively engage with internal and external clients for business development and Coordinate the work with other disciplines.
- Prepare or assist in preparing proposals, design work cost estimate, and project scheduling.
- Actively encourage and support a safety-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Over 10 years prior experience in marine structural engineering/research, or a related discipline.
- Registered or eligibility for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia as a professional engineer.
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley Group) is an equal opportunity employer.