Murex Properties Limited is seeking a live-in superintendent to work part time with our property management team to ensure our 49 unit, cleaned and maintained. Our building, The Pinehill Apartments, is located in Lower Sackville, NS.
1. Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all common areas including hallways, stairwells, entrances, underground parking garage and garage door.
2. Keep grounds surrounding the building including the back free from garbage and debris at all times. Maintain all steps, walkways and wheelchair ramp clear and safe at all times. (Snow removal and salt in the winter, sweeping in the summer.)
3. Grass is to be watered as needed and flowers planted and maintained when requested.
4. Make vacant units presentable and available to view and/or rent within a two week time period of move out. The unit must be vacuumed, dusted, light bulbs replaced, appliances, fixtures and floors cleaned. The unit must be in “MOVE IN” condition. In case of a next-day move in by new tenants, units should be made presentable.
5. Attend to all minor repairs and maintenance work required. Deal with all concerns or complaints and attend to them as soon as possible.
6. Contact management for any major problems that require a contractor and assure that it is attended to as soon as possible.
7. Make sure tenants follow house rules.
8. Maintain move-in and move-out sheets with the tenants and periodic inspection of units as required. Make sure all damages and problems with the move out (stains, dents, dirty appliances, etc.) are detailed and noted on the move out inspection report so the tenant can be charged accordingly. These reports should be submitted to management by the second day of the month.
9. To use all capabilities to maintain full occupancy in the building.
10. To act patiently and diplomatically at all times with tenants, keeping in mind that tenants come first.
11. To collect rent and post-dated cheques when required and to follow up on any NSF cheques.
12. To answer the telephone in a friendly and professional manner to assist any tenants or prospective tenants as required.
13. Superintendents are prohibited from working directly for the tenants.
14. No Superintendent is to be under the influence of alcohol during working hours.
15. To be always presentable and neat in appearance.
16. Any materials or expenses that may be needed must be submitted on a requisition order and approved by management.
*Only applications of interest will be contacted
- This job requires you to live on-site. Are you able to do so upon being hired?
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 29 per week
Salary: $22,000.00-$23,000.00 per year
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Facilities Maintenance Managers: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-07-15