Are you someone with knowledge of and experience with Construction Equipment Rentals? Do you like to work with clients to find the best solution for their equipment needs? Are you looking to do what you love while staying out of the downtown traffic - our shop is located in south central Edmonton not too far off of the Whitemud! Maybe you'd like to do all of this with an excellent team while receiving competitive wages, commission, a comprehensive benefits package (we pay the premium so you don't have to!), GRSP matching and profit share programs, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company events, and work and family life balance!
Legacy Equipment is looking for someone with great attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, and construction equipment knowledge to join our busy and fast paced Order Desk team! .
The Order Desk Rep is the first point of contact at the Order desk and makes a positive impact on sales, as they set the tone for the overall customer experience. This position has extensive knowledge of construction equipment and applications and provides a superior customer experience. The Order Desk Rep ensures that all record-keeping, order tracking, and customer information is completed fully and accurately, in order to provide a seamless and efficient flow of information between Dispatch, Sales, Accounting, and Shipping-Receiving.
- Respond to order desk calls and inquiries from customers
- Provide exceptional customer service accurately and efficiently on the phone, in person, via email, etc.
- Handle all inquiries, quotes, and orders from customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner
- Display a positive attitude to ensure the first impression to customers is a positive and lasting one
- Utilize company tools and software to prioritize customers' needs and to develop detailed quotes, process orders, and returns as required
- Coordinate between field sales representatives, office processes, and warehouse distribution for proper execution of customer orders
- Forward new and potential sales leads to Outside Sales
- Maintain filing of documents and order information
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date customer list
- Complete new account setups accurately and efficiently
- Learn and maintain up-to-date product knowledge
- Collaborate with the Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator, completing inventory control counts
- Support marketing development and promotion via Social Media
- Occasionally provide help to warehouse associates including helping to pick, package, and verify orders when necessary
- Comply with the standards and procedures of the Legacy Equipment Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Other duties, as required
- Minimum 1-3 years order desk and sales experience in the construction equipment rental industry
- Post-secondary education or training in business an asset
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to working in a team environment with established team building abilities
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal staff and other stakeholders
- Must speak, read and write English fluently
LEGACY EQUIPMENT offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, Profit Share and GRSP programs and work & family life balance. We thank all those who apply, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our organization is aware of individuals claiming to represent our company, oftentimes to international job seekers. We have received inquiries about false offers of employment or interview requests that have been made without our knowledge or approval. These activities are fraudulent and are intended is to extract money from applicants in return for an interview, employment offer or work visa.
Please note, our organization will never contact job seekers with unsolicited offers, nor would we require payment for any reason related to an offer of employment. We strongly encourage all individuals to carefully scrutinize all recruitment communication and not respond to unsolicited job offers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
- When are you available to start with Legacy Equipment?
- What is your desired salary?
- Rental Order Desk: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person