What is the Opportunity?
Based in Toronto and reporting to our Project Principal, and working with our current Senior Engineer, the Engineer will primarily focus on structural design and analysis. This role may also include aspects of project delivery, project management, production of structural and design documents, production of manufacturing drawings and construction administration. The Senior Engineer will ensure all work is carried out in full support of our Vision, Mission, Values and One Company culture.
What will you do?
- Structural engineering design and calculations.
- Following, implementing and assuring all CSA rules and standards are being followed
- OBC Part 9 and 4 for residential projects
- Assembling of engineering drawings and contract documents in collaboration with our CAD/BIM technologists and other members of the engineering team.
- Assisting more junior designers in the technical aspects of design and the practical aspects of assembling contract documents.
- Take a hands-on approach in providing technical expertise and guidance on various projects to ensure a high level of service, including development of structural concepts and methodology, value engineering evaluation of structural systems, and quality review of structural production.
- Take a proactive approach to promote Niagara Roof Anchor’s services with a focus on attracting new clients and business opportunities, while retaining existing clients.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as Niagara Roof Anchors may assign to you from time to time.
What do you need to succeed?
- An engineering degree with a focus on civil and structural engineering, coupled with 10+ years of professional experience in structural design and engineering.
- Experience working on high-rise mixed used developments & wood frame structures is considered an asset.
- Previous work experience with the following codes is an asset: CAN/CSA-Z91, CAN/CSA-Z271, CAN/CSA-Z259.16 OBC part 9 and 4
- Achieved a P.Eng license.
- Knowledgeable in the appropriate building code.
- Strong project management capability with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Strong leadership role to assure your team is delivering the required information
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to work with people at all levels including project stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and assist with business development initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to use programs such as AutoCAD, ETABS, SAFE, SAP2000, Bluebeam, Microsoft Word and Excel.
About Niagara Roof Anchors
Niagara Roof Anchors (NRA) has been Canadas top choice for over 25 years. NRA's has a specialized Engineering team that offers our clients a multitude of services. Our team of Engineers custom design Anchor layouts following current applicable ministry standards for new construction and existing structures. We can custom design any anchor system to fit traditional and modern construction methods. In addition, we follow all of our projects building safety life cycle through yearly inspections, load testing and product maintenance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- P.Eng in Ontario (required)
Work Location: In person