At Next Hydrogen, we design and build green hydrogen electrolysers to create a cleaner, greener future for all. It’s a tall order, and we know that. But it is far more achievable and cost effective than ever before. That’s why we have embarked on a mission to hire passionate, skilled talent that are committed to a cause bigger than all of us. If you are up for the challenge, we would like to speak with you. Come join our team, and do some NEXT level good.
Job Function: The Electrical Engineer will assist in the development of new products and will support Operations in the deployment of said products and the build out of associated, complete systems. During the design phase the main tasks will be to design the electrical layout, select process control components and program our systems for standalone functionality. This position is critical to our department in ensuring a smooth transition into manufacturing with follow-on support during product deployment, in-field commissioning, and ongoing service.
Hands-on Engineering to develop, implement and service all aspects of product development, delivery, and service, including:
- Supporting the build of test equipment and products by designing the electrical layout, selecting controls components, and designing subassemblies and interconnections for manufacturability
- Supporting the system controls program development, including interfaces with customer processes, and controls tuning
- Reading, interpreting and creating circuit diagrams, drawings and electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts and provide feedback regarding improvements and controls
- Supporting field installation, testing and maintenance of electrical and control wiring, equipment, PLC program, system commissioning and maintenance
- Designing and installing new controls and instrumentation for existing and new plant equipment and processes to support integration of additional equipment
- Preparing automation and instrumentation related designs, drawings and programming specifications and SOPs, as well as work instructions, operating manuals and maintenance manuals
- Troubleshooting components and systems and repair of the electrical and control systems
- Supporting the maintenance and repair of electrical and control wiring, PLC program and production equipment
- Supporting daily preventative maintenance of products in the field
- Support calibrating components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
Provide innovative solutions for electrical and controls component breakdowns
Ensure electrical and controls aspects of product assembly and service milestones are met on time.
Assist the development team in establishing testing capabilities.
Participate in product deliveries.
Support service and maintenance contracts within our facility and at our customers’ facilities.
Help to promote and expand service capabilities and scope.
Work with the Operations team to ensure adherence to the QMS.
Proactively pursue strong, positive relationships with all company staff. Promote a culture of accountability. Promote an atmosphere exuding confidence, excitement and enthusiasm.
PLC programming experience with ladder logic, function block, Siemens PLCs.
HMI/SCADA programming experience with Scada software
Minimum 5 years hands-on experience working with electrical, automation, process equipment installation, wiring, commissioning and service.
Minimum 2 years Industrial Control System programming and tuning experience
Hands-on experience from product development through implementation
Experience in the Hydrogen and/or natural gas industry
Knowledge of, and experience with, codes and standards for hazardous areas
Experience with electrical certifications
Experience with directing and working closely with industrial electricians
Experience in designing electrical system schematics and layouts, program creation, performing modification, repair, installation, maintenance, improvement and troubleshooting of various types of industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls
Previous experience using CAD systems.
Knowledge of quality management systems.
Knowledge of ERP systems.
Adept in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project.
Strong skills in:
- hands-on experience in an industrial setting, working with electrical, PLC controls, equipment installation, wiring, commissioning and maintenance
- PLC and HMI programming, troubleshooting and maintaining backup programming and parameters
- Operating in a team environment: team direction, training/coaching, motivation, flexible to multiple tests
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and reporting skills
- Product and system troubleshooting
- Electrical, controls and PLC experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and P.Eng. designation is required
Next Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage and appreciate interest from individuals belonging to equity seeking groups.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- process equipment installation: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person