The Insurance Council of British Columbia is the regulatory organization that licenses and regulates the activities of over 45,000 life and general insurance agents, general insurance salespersons, insurance adjusters, and restricted travel insurance agents in British Columbia.
Why Work for the Insurance Council?
Work with a great team of people in a rewarding career that makes a difference. We’re in a downtown location with plenty of amenities nearby. The Insurance Council has a friendly and collaborative environment with a team who’s committed to protecting the public.
- We offer a comprehensive health and dental plan
- Work-life balance
- This position is mostly remote work enabled. The incumbent would be required to come into the office as needed
- Professional development
- Equitable employment opportunities
This dynamic role is a key member of the Insurance Council Technology team and is responsible for effective day to day operations management of the Insurance Council’s Information Technology functions, including ensuring the strong performance and reliability of the organization's network infrastructure, end user devices, server platforms, remote access functions, and cyber security related systems and activities. An important aspect of this role is to ensure that security, reliability, functionality and value is maintained for critical business applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the day-to-day information technology operational activities, including ensuring systems are always available and operating at peak performance
- Manage the operations of technical applications and IT-related tools in support of the Council’s business needs and processes; including performance monitoring, change and configuration management, incident and problem management, system improvements, system availability and reliability
- Oversee annual and ongoing information technology assessments, and implement related improvements including any associated IT-related change management programs
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of IT corporate service delivery
- Oversee the sourcing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support of all end user hardware and software, including detailed asset tracking procedures
- Conduct evaluations of potential technology solutions
- Plan, control and evaluate data security, operations and processing systems, including hardware platform, procurement and redundancy
- Manage technology vendor relationships in a manner that ensures cost-effective and timely procurement of hardware, software, and services
- Manage IT operations and technical infrastructure staff and contractors
Qualifications and Experience
7+ years of Information Technology experience, with some direct experience managing IT operations
- Bachelor and/or Diploma in MIS/Technology/Computer Science
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards. including Windows 10/11, Microsoft 365, Azure, SQL, Enterprise business systems and architecture, Share Point, Great Plains, Kentico, Mobile/iPhone (Mobile device Management)
- Experience working with customer/ member relationship database systems in a regulatory environment will be beneficial but not required