What We Offer
We offer an excellent wage and benefits package, along with the opportunity to work overtime. Our growing team allows for opportunities for advancement and our benefits providers are competitive in our industry, allowing access to tuition and scholarship opportunities for your children!
Summary of Position
Abalone Construction is a privately owned company with over 40 years specializing in Industrial and Commercial civil construction. We offer construction services in a variety of markets including Infrastructure, Roadbuilding, and Land Development.
Reporting to project management, the Foreman will be responsible for guiding the day-to-day operations of a crew of up to 15 people. Their focus will be on ensuring that project requirements are met safely, with minimum rework and in a timely manner.
Role and Responsibilities
- Follow direction from Project Manager / Superintendent.
- Complete daily field documentation inclusive of Toolbox meetings, review of JHA, weekly job site and equipment inspections, time sheets etc.
- Supervise, mentor, and display ability to coach subordinates in relation to policies, procedures, as well provide guidance to ensure project specifications are being followed.
- Read, interpret and understand plans and check work according to specifications.
- A sound understanding of grading, ability to read survey layout, utilization of laser level.
- Assist in coordination and tracking of manpower, materials, and equipment; Ability to operate and effectively utilize heavy equipment an asset.
- Enforce the Abalone Progressive Disciplinary Policy as required.
- Report any changes to scope or safety incidents to supervisor immediately.
Qualifications, Training and Education
- CSTS 2020, WHMIS 2015, LSE, First Aid, Ground Disturbance Level 2.
- Minimum of 5 years of earthworks experience in the following areas: Roadworks, Highways and Subdivisions.
- Experience in projects involving stormwater management, culvert installation and drainage improvements.
- Prior experience with Alberta Transportation projects and specifications is considered an asset.
- Ability to operate and understand the capability of various equipment is considered an asset.
Candidates will be working outside in all weather conditions. They must be able to spend long periods of time on their feet, standing/walking around the project site. They must will to commit to 50 + hours per week at various locations within Alberta. Typical shifts are 7:00am - 6:30pm.