Field Service Supervisor
What we do:
For over 60 years, Wismer & Rawlings (WRE) has been keeping the Power Up for clients across Western and Northern Canada. Our skilled teams of electrical field service technicians keep electrical systems of all voltage classes running efficiently, reliably, and safely.
WRE is hiring an experienced Senior Electrical Field Service Technician, who is interested in relocating to Prince George BC.
Why move here
WRE offers relocation assistance!
Prince George is situated in central BC and only takes a little over an hour to fly to Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton. The city sits at the junction of the Fraser and Nechako rivers and has many opportunities to enjoy an active lifestyle year-round. With a population of 74,000 It offers affordable housing, lower cost of living, economic growth and great healthcare.
What you will do:
- Working on high, medium, and low voltage power apparatus.
- Comprehensive electrical and protection testing, commissioning and system analysis of electrical equipment.
- Maintenance, repairs, technical reports and technical support.
- Mentorship and development of more junior employees.
- Operate various types of electrical test equipment such as Doble Power Factor, Insulation & Winding Resistance, Transformer Turns Ratio (TTR), Fall of Potential, Breaker Timing, AC / DC High-pot, VLF and Response Analysis (SFRA).
- Substation protection and control.
- Ensures compliance with applicable local, national, international standards and legislation, as well as customer requirements with regard to safety, employment and environment.
What you bring:
- Proven electrical field service experience in transformers, HV, MV, LV breakers and switchgear, cables, disconnects, protective relays, oiling, substations, commissioning, instrument transformers, PRG testing and battery bank.
- Extensive experience in industrial and utility settings.
- Technological or Electrical Engineering background.
- Journeyperson Electrician credentials an asset.
- Completion of Electrical Technologist diploma an asset.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License, Class 1 license an asset.
- Experience in Protection and Control systems.
- A solid understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Flexible to travel out of town with overnight stays, and work evening and weekends as required.
- Overtime as required.
- Willing to attend emergency callouts on short notice.
- An understanding of Gas in Oil Analysis and the processing of transformer oil.
What we Offer
- Extended Health Benefits
- 100% employer paid contributions to pension plan
- Competitive wages (A Senior Technologist earns $60.12 per hour)
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $46.70-$60.12 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- testing and commissioning electrical equipment: 5 years (preferred)
- Canadian Work Permit (required)
Work Location: In person