Interprovincial Cooperative Limited (IPCO), a respected leader in the Agricultural industry, is currently recruiting for a Production Assistant (full time, 3:00pm – 11:00pm during busy season and 7:00am – 3:00pm during slow season) position, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba reporting to the Production Manager.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a productive work environment by providing support to the production team. Some key responsibilities will include:
· Release and process work orders and other production paperwork in a timely manner.
· Checking production work orders and labour reports for errors.
· Perform inventory control functions such as issuing materials to work orders, reconciling inventory, investigating, and determining root causes of inventory variances.
· Ensure availability of materials for production, as reference through the Daily Work Reports, by checking delivery schedules and communicating any issues.
· Expedite inbound materials.
· Be proactive by assessing situation to create work orders ahead of time to reduce line start up, change over and downtime based on the Master Production Schedule.
· Creation of production templates and documents using MS Excel and Word.
· Manage and maintain paperwork within the department to comply with all audits and standards.
· Support plant staff with system, scanner, and paperwork issues.
· Provide timely customer service to inside/outside customers.
· Other duties as assigned.
Why it matters:
IPCO is a Canadian co-owned and operated manufacturing facility with a long history of supporting the agricultural sector by providing safe and effective agriculture products. IPCO strives as a premier manufacturer for its owners and commercial customers alike by offering high-level capabilities and many years of accumulated expertise in formulation and packaging.
Excellence in production and manufacturing is made possible with support from several in-house specialties including regulatory affairs and laboratory services.
IPCO prides itself on being an employer of choice with long-term employee relationships. A culture of safety and quality is paramount at IPCO, therefore the IPCO plant is ISO 9001-2015 registered and stringently adheres to regulations set out by Health Canada and additional federal, provincial, and municipal compliance requirements.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Production and:
· Minimum Grade 12 education. Preferred Administration diploma.
· You have a minimum of three years of administration experience.
· You’re familiar with Microsoft Office.
· You have excellent communication skills and are highly organized.
· You have knowledge of purchasing, planning, expediting, and inventory management is an asset.
· WHMIS training, TDG training, knowledge of the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and ISO standards are assets.
· You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
· You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
IPCO offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R2J 0K7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able and willing to work evening shift 3pm - 11pm Monday - Friday during the busy season (October - June) and then work day shift 7am - 3pm Monday - Friday during the slow season (June-September)?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administration: 3 years (required)
- manufacturing/production: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-10
Expected start date: 2023-10-23