Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Toronto or Calgary only, under our mobile workforce program.
Overview of role:
Reporting to the Manager, Specialty Sales, the Acount Representative, Specialty Sales is responsible for driving Air sales efforts to maximize revenue and market share shift, within a designated portfolio of mid-market accounts. In addition to active Account Management, the Account Representative will also provide in house support for WestJet’s Global Sales Team supporting contracted partners operating and selling inbound traffic to Canada. Responsibilities of this role include customer relationship management, business planning, analysis, and administrative support, ensuring revenue and market share targets are met. The Account Representative will foster a team selling environment working with and reporting regularly to multiple internal and external stakeholders as required.
Key deliverables include:
- Manage revenue, market share growth, and retention within assigned portfolio of mid-market Tour Operator, and Consolidator partnerships currently contracted by WestJet
- Establish and develop relationships within a defined portfolio
- Provide operational and administrative support to WestJet’s Foreign Point of Sale - Key Account Manager’s, assisting with operational triaging, new contract qualification, and ad-hoc marketing support as required
- Review fulfilment reporting to uncover areas of opportunity for growth
- Prepare and deliver virtual strategic business reviews to key contacts
- Be a subject matter expert in WestJet’s suite of products and services
- Maintain competitive and industry knowledge base of product and service offerings and provide strategic recommendations
- Project management as required to support partner and WestJet objectives
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to WestJet leadership
- Ensure personal targets and Key Performance Indicators are met
- Work cross functionally with various departments internally including; Trade Marketing, Finance, Sales Development, Loyalty etc.
Experience & qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education
- 3-5 years experience in either Sales, Account Management, or Marketing preferred
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to move effectively through the consultative selling process
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the Partner and WestJet while being results-focused
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to Travel Professionals at varying levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of industry reporting tools preferred (DDS, GDS, PRISM, Tableau, Excel etc.)
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas clearly and effectively and creatively problem solve
- Ability to travel +/- 5%
- Please note this position is eligible for Sales Compensation Plan Bonus
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.