Requisition ID: 22350
Do you want to work at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers? We’re looking for people who are driven by excellence to work with innovative technology to create the material tomorrow’s world will be made of.
At ArcelorMittal Dofasco, we play a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging, and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable steel products – from cans to cars.
We are at the forefront of the steel industry with a plan to change the way we make steel to significantly reduce GHG emissions in the short term, while reaching net zero before 2050. Ours will be the first integrated steelmaking site in the world to make this transformation and it will happen by 2028. Our global company is leading the world with significant decarbonization projects in North America and Europe and our site is key to this plan.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is Hamilton's largest private sector employer with more than 4,500 employees, shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually. Our iconic tagline "Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People." is a true expression of our belief that our people are our competitive advantage.
Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Process Automation Department
2 Positions Available
ArcelorMittal Dofasco operates a world class computer integrated manufacturing facility in Hamilton, utilizing state of the art information technologies. The Process Automation Department is responsible for large scale, high impact computer software application systems that are integral to manufacturing processes, from raw materials to finished products. We continually stretch the limits and capability of automation, to enable ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s industry leading performance.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Manufacturing Systems Engineer to join our Process Automation department. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing automated systems and processes to improve efficiency and productivity in our manufacturing operations.
- Design and develop automated systems and processes for manufacturing operations
- Analyze manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for automation
- Develop and implement process control systems, including PLC programming
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate automation systems with existing equipment and processes
- Troubleshoot and maintain automation systems to ensure optimal performance
- Continuously monitor and improve automation systems to increase efficiency and productivity
- Provide training and support to manufacturing team members on the use of automation systems
- Must be abole to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (Computer, Software, Electrical, Chemical, Mechatronics), Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Technology, or a related technical field.
Formal software training or experience is an asset
Capable of analyzing technical information and quickly learning new technical skills is an asset
Passion for software development is required.
Experience with Object-oriented programming using C++, C# or Java is required.
Problem investigation, analysis and solving is required.
0 – 15 years professional experience
Many training opportunities
Company performance bonuses
Tuition refund plan for continuing education
Three on-site gym facilities and many Wellnesses programs
Comprehensive medical, dental & retirement benefits
Occasional extended, paid hours as required to meet project deadlines or peak workloads
Flexibility to determine work day start and end times, to fit personal needs
Total Rewards at ArcelorMittal Dofasco
- We provide employees with a market competitive total compensation package. Our promise is to provide superior pay for superior performance, accompanied by comprehensive health and wellness, pension, vacation and related programs.
- Competitive hourly rates and shift premium
- On your first day you will immediately be eligible for:
- Bonus paid quarterly based on Company performance on key goals. Your bonus target will be 10% of base salary earnings.
- Company paid Defined Contribution Pension Plan. No employee contribution required. With employer contributions between 5 and 10%.
- Competitive vacation allowances
- Group Benefits with no health and dental premiums.
- For health and dental claims you only pay amounts above the maximums the plan pays.
- Life insurance premiums are shared with the company.
After two years of permanent company service you will participate in our Profit Sharing, where all permanent employees share equally in allocation of profits.
Other immediate benefits include:
- Competitive vacation entitlements
- PPE and workwear provided at no cost (if required)
- Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
- Free access to three onsite fitness centers and our 70-acre recreation park with multiple arenas, fields and organized sports for you and your family
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only applicants selected to complete an online assessment will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.