Who we are
At Denis Office Supplies and Furniture, a division of Staples Professional Inc; we are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. We are office experts who offer unmatched service to each and every customer through our network of stores, offices and distribution centers to ensure our customers are fully equipped with products to meet their needs. We work together to inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable, and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions. If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Denis is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do:
Picking of merchandise
- Take an order in the pigeonhole.
- Enter the consolidated number and employee number into the computer system to confirm that he/she is responsible for picking up the required merchandise in that consolidated area.
- Pick up the required merchandise in the warehouse and place it on a cart in an orderly fashion to facilitate the work of the employee assigned to verify the merchandise and prepare the order.
- If a product is not at the location, check with the inventory clerk to ensure that the merchandise is actually on back order.
- Indicate on the consolidated list any unavailable merchandise.
- Put a copy of the consolidated inventory in the b.o. bin.
- Work closely with the forklift operator for all heavy merchandise (large inventory). Return the cart of collected merchandise and the consolidated orders to the free checker.
- Respect the safety measures and procedures related to the prevention of work accidents established in the company.
- Maintain work area and equipment according to established company procedures.
- Respect pre-established efficiency standards.
- Regularly transmit all necessary and relevant information to his/her manager.
- Maintain a healthy atmosphere conducive to teamwork and productivity within the company.
- Collaborate at all times with all members of other work teams and their managers.
- Perform any other task requested by his/her superior or required by his/her duties.
Some of what you need:
- Good physical condition
- Excellent speed of execution
- Attention to detail and organized
- Basic knowledge of necessary distribution system options relating to the processing of break pack pick tickets
- Basic knowledge of the conveyor system as it relates to general safety, emergency stops, clearing of box jams, and restarting from the main control panel
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.