Shipper & Receiver
Star Produce Ltd. (The Star Group)
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Shift: Must be available Afternoons, Evenings and Weekends
Galaxy Processing is the largest distribution center of The Star Group – the name really speaks for itself! This 200,000 sq. ft. facility, with over 30,000 sq. ft. of cooler space, has state of the art sorting lines, multiple packing machines, and superior conditioning rooms. Galaxy Processing has created an environment where people aren't just coming to a job. Having fun, working hard, building careers and being proud of our team and company are all things that make up who we are at our facility. We encourage our employees to advance their talents, develop new skills and find work life balance. We offer a dynamic and passionate environment!
The primary focus of the Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator is to prepare and process customer orders, receive items into the warehouse and report on inventory within the facility. The position is also responsible to participate in Inventory Management functions, ensuring inventory accuracy and monitoring inventory levels within the warehouse.
- Daily inventory counts
- Navigate within in-house software program for incoming shipments
- Assists with picking orders and configuring pallets for outgoing shipments
- Helps with unloading and loading incoming and outgoing trucks
- Check status of outgoing trucks
- Complete necessary documentation
- Pre-operation and maintenance for vac cooler, forklifts, wheel loader
- Other tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary
Key Attributes and Skills
- English Language proficiency (comprehension, speaking, writing, communication)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new computer systems
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year shipping & receiving experience is required
- Previous forklift, reach & power jack experience is required
- Experience with warehouse scanning systems is an asset
- Knowledge of product food & safety is an asset
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends. Possible Stat holidays may be required.
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking
- Frequent lifting, carrying of up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a cooler environment
About the Star Group
We love fresh produce! The Star Group operates in every facet of the produce industry, growing fruits and vegetables in our Canadian greenhouses, partnering with growers across Canada and importing the best and freshest from around the world. Our brands are Just Picked, Big Taste and Inspired Greens, and we believe our products are raising the bar for Canadian produce. If you embody our values of Passion, Persistence and Teamwork and would like to be part of the future of food in Canada, we would love to meet you!
We invite you to visit our website to obtain more information about our companies, divisions, brands and products – www.starproduce.com
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive and fun work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Be part of an exciting industry!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.25 per hour
- Briefly explain any experience you have with warehouse scanning systems
- Briefly explain your knowledge and experience with product food & safety
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Shipping & receiving: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person