At Fort McKay Group of Companies LP we are committed to ensuring “no harm” to our most valuable asset – people. We achieve this by: promoting personal safety amongst the workforce; striving for excellence in Safety Performance by making continuous improvement an essential component of our Health, Safety & Environment management systems; we believe the safety is everyone’s responsibility and can only be achieved through the active participation of everyone within the organization. We are devoted to making “Safety… Our Way of Life”.
Under the direction of the Team Leader, Warehouse Technician (Material Technician) accept, stage and verify material for warehouse management system movements. In this role, you will have the opportunity of working full time as an embedded employee for our client Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
This is a safety-sensitive position that requires completion of pre-employment/pre-access testing.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Maintain accuracy of all material movements in accordance with policies and procedures
- Perform all required warehouse management system movements
- Move freight to and from loading docks, delivery vehicles and storage areas, either manually or using equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, or other lift equipment.
- Follow written or oral instructions
- Stage material based on procedures.
- Sort material during loading or unloading process.
- Operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, manual and electric pallet jacks
- Monitor and manage issues and discrepancies for all material processes.
- Evaluate quality of all materials and prepare required documents.
- At least 1-2 years of previous Material Handling or Shipper/Receiver experience in a Logistics or Warehouse environment is required.
- Fall Protection certification are an asset.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Aerial Work Platform
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights, use fall protection
- Ability to operate lift equipment at various heights in a warehouse setting.
- Parts Technician Journeyman Certification considered an asset
- Valid CSO or BSO or CSTS & OSSA is required.
- Valid Class five (5) driver’s license and a clean three (3) year driver’s abstract is required
- Forklift certification is required
- Loader with grapple experience is an asset
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is required
- Maximo, SAP, and JDE experience is an asset
This is a full time position located north of Fort McMurray on CNUL site.
7 on and 7 off schedule (days and nights); 12 hours per day.
Flights and Camp are available from Edmonton and Calgary ONLY
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salaries ranging from $26.00-$36.00
- Company matching pension plan.
- 100% Company paid group benefits including Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Dependent Life, Critical Illness, LTD, Health, Dental, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and a Health Spending Account.
- Safe working conditions.
- The opportunity to make a difference: Rewarding and engaging atmosphere where you will see your contribution at work and be encouraged to grow in your career.
- Work-life balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have and we support that!
Fort McKay Group of Companies is a growing oilfield and Construction Company which is 100% owned and controlled by the Fort McKay First Nation in Alberta, Canada. The Fort McKay Group of Companies LP is an equity employer and qualified applicants of indigenous ancestry may be given first consideration in any hiring decision. If you wish to receive consideration under the equity principles in our Hiring and Recruitment Policy you must declare your indigenous status in your application.