- Set up and run complex progressive dies without assistance to produce parts.
- Consistently and effectively, troubleshoot equipment, dies, and materials to assist in resolving operational deficiencies.
- Use attribute and variable gauges as well as, but not limited to, Keyence vision systems to ensure the production of conforming parts.
- Set up and utilize die protection devices.
- Perform routine maintenance as required.
- Utilize safety and automatic sensing devices.
- Follow established procedures for having dies properly installed.
- Move finished parts to proper areas.
- Replace new coils of steel and other components such as nuts.
- Follow procedures for recording production and quality check information.
- Make running adjustments and corrections to machines and related equipment daily to maintain optimum quality, productivity standards and specifications.
- Assist and help train less experienced employees as requested.
- Perform any related duties as requested by Supervision.
- Actively participate in area 5S and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience as a set-up operator - press within similar operating environment.
- Experience working on progressive dies.
- Proven problem-solving skills, trouble shooting and continuous improvement ability.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts such as rotating and straight: days, afternoons and/or nights
- Ability to work overtime, as required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to adapt, multi task and prioritize in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills in a team based atmosphere.
- Experience in four-slide, multi-slide, or multi-forming an asset.
- Commitment to work through continuous improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$33.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- set-up operator - press: 3 years (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person