Who Are We?
Poly-Nova opened in Guelph in 1996. We have a 30,000 square foot manufacturing plant and employ about 140 employees. We produce rubber products for the automotive & power transmission industries. Our areas of expertise are in the area of rubber molding, material development, engineering, injection molding and over molding.
In 2011 we were purchased by Starlim Sterner, market leaders in Silicone Liquid Injection Molding, with the head office in Austria and a manufacturing plant in London Ontario. With the ability to offer rubber and silicone under one company we can expect exceptional growth for the future.
We are certified IATF16949 and we take quality seriously. Our customers choose us for many reasons; we work with them to deliver a solution, we are exceptional at design & development, we stand behind our products and we are continually advancing technologically. We have the ability to exceed customer expectations because of the commitment & dedication of our employees. We're also proud to say we have ISO 450001 & ISO 14001 certifications. We are committed to be a healthy, safe and environmentally conscious workplace.
Machine Operator Job Description
Our Machine Operators are critical to ensuring safety, quality and continuous improvement within Poly-Nova Technologies.
We are currently looking for full-time (Monday- Friday) Machine Operators on Day shift (6:50AM to 3:00PM) to run our Silane Treatment Procedure and operate our machines.
- Follow the proper schedule for the Silane Treatment Procedure at all times and advise supervisor of any issues immediately
- Dip parts into a solution and package the finished parts for production
- Inspect parts within the next cycle time as per the quality inspection instructions and alerts
- Complete shift paperwork as described in training (completing machine log, filling out scrap sheets, production report etc.)
- Notify supervisor or lead hand of any unusual amounts of scrap or new/unusual defects
- Package finished parts per required quantity, labelled and prepared for production
- Maintain traceability & identification of parts (confirming correct labels are placed on boxes)
- General housekeeping of the work station
- Remove & take out the garbage at the end of each shift
- Relay issues during shift overlap
- Follow proper safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE.
- Mix chemicals using proper procedure and guidelines adhering to safety standards at all times
- Back-up as a Machine Operator as required
Qualifications/ Requirements/ Competencies
- High School (Secondary School) diploma
- 1+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, short correspondance and memorandums
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent to operate press equipment: automated and manual
- General mathematic and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift 15-35 lbs; full case of product and insert trays
- Ability to stand for long periods, with opportunity to sit during inspection
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Poly-Nova Technologies is committed to providing an accessible workplace. If you require an accommodation of any kind for your interview, please notify the hiring manager when considered for an interview.
What We Offer
- RRSP/TFSA Matching
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Apply online today!