Firefly Power and Energy Services Inc. is an Alberta based, turnkey Engineering, Project Management and Construction company focused on creating value for our clients by thinking outside of the box. We are specialized in providing our services to the Utility, Renewable and Industrial sectors of the market.
Our team is energetic, experienced and innovative. Our culture is informal and family based. We offer flexible working arrangements and are committed to being a diverse and equal opportunity employer with an open, honest and transparent workplace.
ROLE OBJECTIVE: The Power System Electrician (PSE) will report to the site Foreman and is responsible for various tasks in installing high voltage electrical equipment including ground grid installation, erection of steel and bus structures and the installation of apparatus such as circuit breakers, transformers, PT, CT’s and switches. The PSE is also responsible for cabling and wiring of control circuits for protection and control within the power system.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
· Effectiveness in communication – written and verbal
· Interpersonal skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Stability under pressure
· Organization, prioritization, time management
· Effectiveness in provision of customer service – internal and external
· Attitude, Initiative, level of effort, commitment
- Assist Foreman in providing ‘value’ construction through project planning including review and mark up of engineered design drawings, material logistics and handling and assisting with managing and mentoring new apprentices as required.
- Install and maintain high voltage equipment such as transformers, PT’s, CT’s, circuit breakers, regulators, capacitor banks, etc in utility, or industrial substation work sites.
- Inspect, test or troubleshoot installed equipment utilizing voltmeters, ammeters, or other electrical diagnostic equipment.
- Attend site meetings with owner and consultants as required by the Project Manager.
- Repairing faulty high voltage equipment.
- Assist site Foremen in the ordering and tracking of material delivery dates.
- Must hold a Power Systems Electrician Certificate or be indentured in a power systems electrician apprenticeship program in preparation for achieving journeyman status.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- the ability to handle heavy equipment
- the ability to work safely and follow safe work practices and procedures
- the ability to work with precision instruments to “fine tune” equipment
- the ability to understand the theoretical background of their work
- the ability to pay careful attention to details
- be willing to continuously upgrade their skills and knowledge
Email your resume to [email protected] with subject PSE. This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $50.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Journeyman Electrician: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road