Join the KBL Team!
KBL Environmental Ltd. (KBL) is a Canadian business providing customers with waste management services and systems. We have proudly developed a culture of safety excellence, delivering quality of services with a reputation for innovation.
Our team consists of a group of like-minded individuals driven by the desire to excel in their role and provide innovative environmental solutions. Our team is rooted in our core values of being diligent, resourceful, and responsible. These values drive the day-to-day operations at KBL and help to ensure our services are delivered with care and conscientiousness. To learn more about KBL please visit our website at www.kblenv.com.
If you are driven, innovative, and inspired individual you might just be the perfect fit!
We are currently seeking to add a Project Labourer to our team
Job Type: Contract Rotation – 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off - Locations in the NWT
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Project Labourer must enjoy working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Be able to follow verbal instructions well, work with dangerous goods and be able to operate small equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload materials;
- Removing rubble and other debris on sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Responsible for Identifying, handling and preparing waste in accordance with legislation and TDG regulations;
- Clean up and remove all hazardous materials and debris from jobsites
- General laboring at times, including but not limited to, digging, sweeping, monitoring, sampling, and spotting for trucks
- Providing great customer interactions, both at KBL and while representing KBL;
- Completing equipment inspections and doing daily maintenance as needed to ensure safe operations of equipment;
- Ensure Safe Work Practices (SWP’s), follow Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), reporting near misses and all incidents to Supervisor;
- Participate in toolbox meetings;
- Tools, Systems, Equipment and Machinery
- Pallet jack;
- Skid Steer;
- Various hand tools.
- Valid Class 5 Licence;
- Ability to travel
- Tickets are an asset(first aid, H2S alive, WHIMIS, TDG)
- Reliable: show up on-time and be fit for work;
- Able to lift 50 lbs minimum;
- Position requires a high level of initiative and a positive attitude, including willingness to tackle new tasks or duties outside of this description; and
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions;
- Must be physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions;
There is a possibility of cuts, bruises, straining, disease and /or severe injury if safe work practices are not followed.
Work is carried out indoors and outdoors in extreme weather in winter months. There can be exposure to dust, noise, mud, water, smoke, and bacteria.
What KBL offer’s the right candidate
- A rewarding career
- Long term and stable employment
- Opportunity for growth
- The opportunity for continued learning
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Comfortable and modern workspace and amenities
- Competitive pay that matches your experience and qualifications
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.