The Quality Coordinator is responsible to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance as set out in the site-specific Quality Management Plan, applicable codes, regulations, and client requirements.
- Promote a culture of safety, high performance, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Review and understand Quality Control (QC) requirements as per client scope, specifications, drawings, and expectations.
- Develop site-specific Quality Management Plans and Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
- Execute the site-specific Quality Management Plan and ITP.
- Ensure receiving inspection of incoming or client-supplied materials to ensure that they are of the proper quality and in accordance with contract plans, specifications, and policies.
- Ensure proper accompanying documentation is present.
- Communicate hold points in a timely manner to TESC team and clients.
- Work with superintendents, procurement, document control and client Quality Control to ensure check sheets are completed, ITPs are signed off, and testing requirements for welders and weld procedures are in place, as per codes, standards, regulations, and client requirements (ex. excavation, backfill, formwork, reinforcing steel, structural steel, concrete installation, piping installation and testing).
- Coordinate, conduct and assist with field construction inspections pertaining to the following activities: excavation, backfill, formwork, reinforcing steel, structural steel, concrete installation, piping installation and testing.
- Obtain and verify sub-contractor quality documentation submittals, ensure proper filing and transmittals per client vendor data deliverables (ITP, check sheets, company, and employee qualifications).
- Maintain strict document control. Liaise with Project Managers for tracking of drawing revisions, requests for information (RFIs), engineering change notices, etc.
- Ensure that all measuring and testing equipment are identified, calibrated, and inventoried.
- Liaise with the Authorized Inspection Agencies to co-ordinate witnessing of inspections/testing and sign-offs.
- Verify collection and validity of worker qualifications (welder tickets, journeyman tickets) and applicable procedures. Maintain welder log.
- Ensure that all non-conformances are recorded and reported to the Quality Manager. Monitor the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports, assist in resolving any discrepancies and ambiguities, as well as closure completion.
- Participate in and represent TESC in regular communication meetings with the client.
- Attend and participate in construction progress meetings.
- Ensure photographic documentation is maintained as applicable/required.
- Submit Weekly Quality Reports to the Quality Manager.
- Generate, assemble, maintain, and complete final turnover package/documentation (hard copy and electronic files and folders) per project requirements and/or Construction Work Packages.
- Assist with generating as-builts (red-line) drawings.
- Assist Quality Manager with matters related to the quality program within the organization.
- Assist with project coordination as required and assist Project Manager with site document control, administration, payroll, site reports generating, cost control and other duties as required.
- Minimum of two or three-year post-secondary education in civil, structural, or mechanical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the construction industry an asset.
- Experience working on multi-trade construction projects an asset.
- Working knowledge of any of the following codes and standards would be an asset:
1. CSA Codes W47.1 / W59 and S16
2. ASME Codes B31.1, ASME B31.3
3. CSA Code B51
4. CSA Codes A23.1, S269.3
5. ISO 9001:2015
- Able to work away from home for extended periods of time, possible camp accommodations (depending on job location).
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, email).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Work with minimum supervision, self-starter.
- Strong time management/prioritization skills, adherence to deadlines.
- Must work well with others, be a team player.
- Excellent investigating/problem-solving/analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Physical ability to perform job duties as required (possibility of climbing, walking, crouching, driving, working in confined spaces, working outdoors in elements).
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Sudbury, ON P3A 5N8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- quality assurance: 2 years (preferred)
- Construction: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06