GFL Environmental is looking for an Operations Assistant in Grand Forks, BC!
The Operations Assistant will provide administrative support to the branch with regards to Company communications, report preparation, correspondence, and the maintenance and organization of files. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Compentecies:
- Maintain working files as required for area personnel and all levels of branch management.
- Prepare and distribute reports as directed such as Roll Off Trend Report, Fuel Report, Commodity Report, and others as assigned.
- Process invoices and purchase orders for the area and assist with general ledger entries as needed.
- Maintain all contracts, bids, proposals, sales and marketing information, etc. in a fireproof cabinet.
- Sort, review and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail, facsimiles, and electronic transmissions. Type memos of correspondence as needed.
- Coordinate and organize all training workshops and meetings within the area.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Demonstrate professionalism by maintaining a high degree of integrity, ethics and confidentiality.
- Assist with administrative and CSR at branch locations within area on as needed basis.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Experience with Tower, JD Edwards and AS400 preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to type 50 WPM.
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
- With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.