Portfolio Operations Specialist, Portfolio Operations
Vancouver – Job #7081
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Specialist to join our Portfolio Operations team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Investigate and resolve client account issues;
- Execute bond and mutual fund trades;
- Setup fee based accounts and process daily and monthly fee calculations;
- Allocate daily equity and preferred share trades on behalf of CGWM portfolio managers;
- Participate in projects to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and improve service levels;
- Liaise with portfolio managers, investment advisors, vendors and other external stakeholders;
- Perform ongoing risk management for portfolios and client accounts;
- Provide ad-hoc operational support to others when required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a finance or accounting role;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Economics;
- CFA enrollment and completion of CSC are preferred;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proactive, with excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work independently;
- Ability to learn quickly, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).