The starting salary for this position is $85,000 per year. This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, medical benefits, RRSP matching, and a taxable wellness account. Salary increases will occur as experience and skills develop.
We are seeking an energetic, personable and self-motivated individual to work the front line and provide outstanding service to our customers in the installation and on-going support of our various hardware and software products on drilling and service rigs. This requires the ability to work independently during irregular and sometimes long hours, strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively interact and work in a team environment. This position will require relocation to Edson, AB. This job requires international travel to the US from time to time.
We provide the training and on-going support required to be successful as well as all necessary tools and equipment including a field service vehicle.
- Focus sales efforts by understanding current and potential customer issues and provide solutions through use of Pason equipment
- Recommend changes in products for current customers by evaluating needs, issues, and results
- Install Pason equipment to company standards
- Ensure that Pason equipment and all its components function to the satisfaction of the customer
- Ensure all users understand the operation of the system and all its relevant features
- Manage and be held accountable for Pason equipment, inventory, company vehicle, and storage shed
- Maintain records on the Pason Operations Database as related to Pason equipment and customers
- Sell Pason products and services to current and future Pason customers
- Assist Field Service Technicians in your area, as well as travel to other areas when necessary
- Provide sales leads and information to our sales staff
- Report all hardware and software problems appropriately
- Track rig movement and activity in assigned area and work with Account Management team to develop a target customer plan
- Maintain constant contact with your Field Support Managers, fellow Field Service Technicians and Pason customers via daily e-mail and phone calls
- Constant and continual improvement of Pason product knowledge and knowledge of the petroleum industry in general
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner adhering to Pason Safety guidelines
- Provide exemplary service to all Pason customers
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by your Field Support Manager
- Sound operational and business judgment
- Forward thinking, innovative and progressive; a “can do” attitude
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas
- A high degree of personal initiative
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Frequent exposure to the well site environment including noise, wind, oil-based products, heights and outside elements
- Some physical effort and lifting of approximately 75 lbs vertical from floor to wait and horizontally transfer 20 feet
- Ability to lift 45 lbs., vertical from floor to 60 inches from floor
- Must be able to climb, ascend and descend 50 stairs, 10 or more times daily
- Ability to climb and work at significant heights
- Ability to crouch/squat 5 or more times daily
- Ability to work in crawl spaces with minimum height of 24 inches
- Ability to use hand tools over-head performing tasks 5 or more times per day
- Will be required to drive in various weather conditions.
- Ability to provide and maintain a clean driving record (6 demerits or less, no major violations within the last 5 years)
- Ability to pass random drug & alcohol testing and yearly testing
- Frequent exposure to electronic devices including computers, lap tops, and cellular phones
- Confirmation of a Class 5 Driver’s License along with providing a satisfactory driving abstract
- Eligible to receive a Passport and travel to the US
- Completion of a satisfactory pre-employment medical physical examination
- Completion of a Drug and Alcohol Screening Test
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Pason is the leading global provider of specialized data management systems for land-based and offshore rigs worldwide. Our rental solutions, which include data acquisition, wellsite reporting, remote communications, and web-based information management, enable collaboration between the rig and the office.
Pason’s energized and focused work environment empowers each team member to push the envelope of traditional thinking to create new solutions to old problems. We place considerable focus on a culture that nurtures imagination in an atmosphere where people are free to perform to their fullest potential in an open and friendly environment.
Mechanical Technician, Mechanical Specialist, Carpenter, Electrician, Electrical Technician, Hands-on Mechanic, Field Support, Operator
Pason recognizes military experience
Experience with oilfield drilling and service rigs would be considered an asset
Mechanical and electronics experience would be considered an asset