TRADER Corporation is a trusted Canadian leader in online media, dealer and lender services. The company is comprised of AutoTrader.ca, AutoSync and Dealertrack Canada. AutoTrader.ca (AutoHebdo.net in Quebec) offers the largest inventory of new cars and used cars in Canada, receiving over 25 million monthly visits to its marketplace. With over 3,500 subscribers and counting, AutoSync is the largest and fastest growing dealer and OEM software provider in Canada. The platform's suite of connected automotive software solutions brings advertising, conversion and operational support together, synchronizing the entire retail process. AutoSync's diverse range of offerings includes: vAuto, EasyDeal, xtime, Motoinsight, Activix, TAdvantage and TRFFK. Dealertrack is Canada’s largest automotive financing portal, enhancing efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Over 6.5 million credit applications are submitted via the Dealertrack Canada portal each year. Visit tradercorporation.com to learn more..
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test for the largest automotive marketplace in Canada.
What you’ll do…
- Build and maintain existing automation frameworks.
- Investigate customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, test software defects, and manage the reporting of your work within our ticketing system.
- Work in an agile team of Software Engineers, SDETs, and manual QA testers and contribute to Kanban-based execution of the project and business-as-usual work.
- Perform a technical analysis of software design by offering input on the testability of functional elements and designs.
- Test execution on beta, release-candidate, and production build of software on multiple platforms including responsive web, native mobile, private REST APIs, and 3rd party integrations.
- Performs load and stress testing of the web applications and APIs.
- Assist in the mentorship of SDET Level 1 team members on automation testing best practices, testing design patterns/anti-patterns, and proper testing strategy.
What you'll need:
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with load testing using JMeter or similar.
- API testing using POSTman or similar.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the “Test Pyramid” and an understanding of the difference between unit tests, component tests, integration tests, and UI testing.
- 5+ years of direct experience in software development with strong, hands-on experience in software automation testing, test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization.
- Experience in the creation, maintenance, and optimization of automation frameworks including management of test reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in NUnit or JUnit.
- Experience working within a formal CI/CD pipeline.
- Agile team and methodology experience; Kanban experience is desirable.
What’s in it for you…
- We understand that there is life at work and life outside of work. Here are a few benefits we all benefit from that support us to be our creative best.
Fitness and wellness
- We provide discounts to nation-wide gyms, onsite gyms (when we’re in the office), an Employee and Family Assistance Program, as well as a virtual wellness program.
Benefits from Day 1
- Gym discounts
- Local in-office free gyms
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Weekly virtual wellness events
- In addition to in-house training, we provide an annual lifestyle allowance of $1500 so you can grow your skills.
- Conferences & training budget
- Regular internal training programs
- Let us help you invest in your future with 3% matching towards your pension and multiple forms of income protection.
- Annual bonus structure
- 3% CPP matching