Temporary Early Years Resource Centre Program Coordinator #2023-024
Location: Based Vanderhoof, serving Vanderhoof, Fraser Lake & Fort St James, BC
Term: ASAP to March 31, 2024
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4pm (some evening & weekend work as required)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Salary: $28.32 – $32.51/hour as per CSSEA & CSSBA Collective Agreement (Grid Level 12)
Connexus is looking for a temporary Early Years Resource Centre Program Coordinator to join our Early Years and Support Services Program. This position will work within the Early Years Resource Centre. This position has the primary focus of creating and developing a warm, welcoming drop-in centre, while reaching out and supporting families with children aged 0-6. The Early Years Resource Centre Program Coordinator will work with families to identify and connect to appropriate services throughout the community. The role of the Early Years Resource Centre Program Coordinator also includes facilitating psycho-educational parenting programs for parents/caregivers and providing children with non-childcare early learning opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 Year Diploma in human/social services or related field
- One-year recent related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar environment is required for this position.
- Knowledge of childhood development
- Ability to facilitate programs/workshops.
- Ability to work effectively with other program staff and community partners.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (moderate understanding of operating systems, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, case management and databases), include use of social media.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license & satisfactory drivers abstract
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- This position requires union membership
Our Commitment to You:
We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive at Connexus. As a Connexus Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel.
- Benefits for full-time: Extended Health, Dental, Pension Plan, Paid Sick Days, LTD, Vacation 3 weeks + more
- Connexus is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $28.32-$32.51 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada or a Canadian citizen?
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Vanderhoof, BC for this job?
- Early childhood: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person