Begin at the beginning. Ace Hotel Toronto seeks kind, curious and industrious humans to join our family.
Ace Hotel Toronto is our first-ever home in Canada, in the heart of the Fashion District, near St. Andrew’s Market and Playground. But we need your help.
Our Director of Sales and Marketing plans and implements sales and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties and/or through direct reports, along with strategic and effective leadership. The person in this role must be an effective communicator between team, peers and brand.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales operating budgets, including monitoring expenditures.
- Prepares annual sales plan. Collaborates with the Director of F&B and the Marketing and Community Manager on plan.
- Prepares sales managers’ sales goals. Continuously monitors and ensures team achieves meets or exceeds their goals
- Provides timely and appropriate corrective action should a sales manager fail to achieve at least 90% of their individual goals
- Holds a weekly GRC meeting with the Reservations Manager and Director of Revenue Management.
- Holds weekly Events, GRC meeting with Events
- Implements and adheres to Group Business Review Process
- Monitor Sales Managers’ productivity and proactivity via weekly reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team is 100% sales system compliant at all times. Must monitor usage daily and take corrective action as necessary to ensure the optimization of the sales system.
- Prepares a monthly production report to evaluate which companies and segments are producing at the hotel.
- Works closely with Director of Revenue, Marketing and Community Manager and Atelier Ace staff to create need date promotions well in advance of need date.
- Plans and oversees the advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail for all outlets. Communicates and collaborates with Atelier on advertising.
- Manages and resolves operational challenges as encountered by the sales team to ensure that the team is spending less time servicing and more time selling.
- Provides the necessary support, direction and teaching to ensure that the sales team is traveling and proactively selling and achieving their financial, prospecting and outside sales calls targets.
- Collaborates with Marketing & Community Manager and the Director of F&B on property specific marketing initiatives for the Asset.
- Works with the Director of Revenue in developing and recommending product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share in all market segments but concentrating on Group, Consortia, FIT, and Corporate
- Works with the Director of F&B in developing events menu pricing, F&B minimums.
- Prepares group and event forecasts weekly, in partnership with Sales Manager and Catering Sales Manager.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Manages incentive program for the sales managers, submits to GM and Director of Finance in a timely manner.
- Leads sales team, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Submits consortia agreements annually.
- Responsible for the contracting and production of the Wholesale/FIT market if there is not a member of sales department dedicated to that market
- Implements timely corrective action as necessary
- Conducts regular sales and marketing meetings and one on one meetings with sales staff.
- Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection, and development to achieve company goals and objectives.
- DOS is a representative of Ace. In their role they are to maintain a positive representation of Ace to ownership and asset managers.
In addition to the core focus & responsibilities, the candidate is expected to complete the following duties:
- Attend hotel operational meetings.
- Attend industry events as needed to remain up-to-date on industry trends.
- Complete duties of Sales Managers & Events Managers in their absence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, leadership and team members to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of Atelier Ace culture & initiatives
- Technologically sound with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business. Minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities. Previous people-leadership experience required.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL, and REASONING ABILITIES
- Candidate must meet the following cognitive abilities:
- Ability to understand guests’ service needs & requests.
- Ability to acknowledge guests’ requests in a polite manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written English (additional foreign languages are encouraged and preferred).
- Ability to apply logical thinking and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to address and solve problems involving guest and operational issues.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The typical environment is an office atmosphere with ambient room temperatures, ambient lighting, and common office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, walk, and stand continuously.
- Lift / carry 10lbs (frequently) and 25lbs (occasionally)
- Bend, squat, crawl, and reach above shoulder level.
- Use dominant hand coordination for simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dampness, height, and moving machinery.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person