Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Calgary Alberta, under our mobile workforce program.
Overvie of role:
The Schedule Planning team is responsible for creating the flight schedule for all of WestJet and WestJet Encore. The team is closely connected to both the commercial and the operational sides of the company. The goal is to create the most profitable and efficient schedule of approximately 500 flights carrying more than 40,000 guests per day to and from more than 150 destinations in 20 countries across Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. This position will interact with numerous stakeholders to maximize success in each destination. The Senior Analyst Schedule planning creates schedules that bring WestJet guests to their leisure and business destinations, ensuring success from both a network, operational and guest experience.
Key deliverables include:
- Responsible for the ongoing management of WestJet’s flight schedules. This includes the future schedule builds, current published schedules, seasonal schedules, booking schedules and charters
- Work collaboratively with Network Planning and Schedule Publications in schedule development and analysis and schedule change management
- Liaise with Operational departments to ensure the flight schedule adheres to operational parameters and requirements including Airports, Crew Planning, Operations Control and Technical Operations
- Partner with Commercial teams including Revenue, WestJet Vacations, Sales, Distribution, Marketing and Communications teams
- Coordinate & lead the schedule review process with commercial and operational groups
- Analyze & communicate alternative uses of aircraft resources
- Analyze & optimize schedule performance for both commercial and operational effectiveness (SPOT)
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required in support of commercial planning decisions
- Prepare schedule release, overview, and statistics
- Prepare and communicate schedule change proposals internally and assist with external communications
- Report on aircraft utilization, operational stats, and worst flight performance
Education and qualifications:
- Degree in business, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in aircraft scheduling/cycling or planning & airline operations
- Knowledge of airline economics is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Sabre AirVision Schedule Manager, Fleet Manager or other schedule planning tool preferred
- Previous aircraft cycling experience is preferred
- Must be detail driven with the ability to understand the overriding goals
- Ability to handle pressure and meet tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications –(Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel – including macros, vba, pivot tables and other statistical components)
- Power BI and Tableau experience is preferred
- Selection team will consider and determine junior, intermediate or senior level and titles based on requisite experience.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.