At Next Hydrogen, we design and build green hydrogen electrolysers to create a cleaner, greener future for all. It’s a tall order, and we know that. But it is far more achievable and cost effective than ever before. That’s why we have embarked on a mission to hire passionate, skilled talent that are committed to a cause bigger than all of us. If you are up for the challenge, we would like to speak with you. Come join our team, and do some NEXT level good.
Job Function: The Test Engineer is responsible for overseeing the setup, deployment, and maintenance of the test infrastructure for NHC. He/she works with the process (BOP), EM stack, and controls engineering teams to collaborate on the design and manage any improvements in the design of the test infrastructure. He/she also coordinates with Operations to install, upgrade, and maintain the test equipment to drive increasing availability and durability of the system.
- Oversee all aspects of the test infrastructure (bench, pilot, FAT) for NHC. Also provide support as needed on BOP deployment.
- Maintain and control key documentation for each test stand (P&ID, BOM, Test Stand Specification, SOP etc.), control and guide changes to test stands and their updates to documentation.
- Work closely with facility and field personnel (test operators, operations personnel, etc.) to troubleshoot issues at test stands as they rise – undertake BOP testing activities to understand and resolve issues, and publish reports on methodology, results and possible paths of implementation, including after-hours support.
- Drive and schedule test infrastructure upgrade projects to continuously improve our testing capabilities.
- Work with Quality and Supply Chain to procure and set safety stock levels on key components for maintenance of the test infrastructure.
- Be part of NCR (Non-Conforming Report) investigations to provide input and act on containment and corrective actions.
- Lead the creation, and training on test SOPs to drive the proper operation of the test infrastructure.
- Verify and sign off initial startups, modifications, or procedural variations for the test infrastructure.
- Provide input and verification for scheduled and emergency maintenance on test equipment.
- Support PLC logic/program modification through our control process
- Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all testing commitments are met in a timely, quality, and cost-conscious manner.
- Keep current on new, innovative processes, tools, or infrastructure; discuss proposed changes with engineering and manufacturing operations.
- Being the point of contact for special test requests from Product Development or Product Engineering. Coordinate the design changes with all teams involved (OPS, Supply Chain, etc.) to implement the requirement.
- Support the continuous process improvement efforts from a test perspective with PD, engineering, quality, manufacturing, and operations.
- Oversee maintenance documentation, scheduling, and completion
- Execute various tests/experiments to help determine root causes of product performance and/or manufacturing issues repairs & troubleshooting and report.
- Generate reports and analysis per requests from PD and PE.
- 5-7 years experience as test or process engineer (mechanical or process engineer) supporting production
- Previous Experience using CAD (Computer Aided Design) systems
- Knowledge of quality management systems, ISO 9001, and quality control
- Adept in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Considerable experience utilizing problem solving tools & quality assurance methodologies including Plan-Do-Check-Act (A3), 8D, Kaizen, Lean Cell Design, Error-Proofing, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Previous experience in the hydrogen industry a plus
- Bachelors degree in technology/engineering (mechanical or process engineering) or equivalent work experience
- Trained in problem solving (Lean, six sigma, or equivalent), certification preferred
Next Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage and appreciate interest from individuals belonging to equity seeking groups.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- CAD (Computer Aided Design): 2 years (preferred)
- industrial test or process engineer: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person