Who we are!
About Meridian OneCap
Meridian OneCap Named Winner of the 2022 ELFA Operations & Technology Excellence Award
Meridian OneCap Credit Corp (MOCC) is an equipment and finance company providing a broad range of financial services to businesses throughout Canada. Our parent, Meridian Credit Union, has over 70 years of banking history and is Ontario’s largest credit union.
MOCC (formerly Roynat Lease Finance) is a provider of asset financing in the form of capital leases. We are committed to being the best provider of specialized equipment financing services to strategic vendors across Canada. Our service-oriented culture and exceptional group of professionals serves to provide our strategic partners with value-added service and constructive solutions.
Meridian OneCap Credit Corp provides customized leasing solutions both to help companies sell equipment and to companies that have chosen to lease equipment, rather than buy. For manufacturers and vendors, we enable you to provide your customers with a value-added service that helps your customers acquire equipment efficiently and gives your company a competitive edge. And for the end user, we can help you to preserve working capital in your business, while benefiting now from the use of the equipment.
Our team is known as industry leaders. We’ve earned our reputation through consistent delivery of financing programs with the most efficient transaction process and superior customer service. With the largest direct sales force within the Canadian market, it’s no wonder our customer service is unparalleled.
About this role:
The Regional Sales Coordinator (RSC) is responsible for supporting Meridian OneCap (MOCC) Account Managers, Sales Representatives and/or Broker Managers by coordinating transactions between the Sales, Credit, and Audit departments for direct and indirect (Broker) finance channels.
The incumbent is expected to provide support in order to meet monthly volume and pricing targets as set out for the Region. The incumbent is also responsible to ensure all associated documentation produced within the department is accurate and is within MOCC’s policies and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Receives loan applications and prepares quotes for Vendors and/or Brokers and Lessees.
- Ensures all necessary information is received to process loan/lease applications
- Confirms details of the request with the Vendor/Broker
- Accurately enter transaction details into the application system (DSI)
- Submits application to Credit
- Follows up with Sales/Rep or directly with the applicant for any additional details/questions received from Credit
- Contacts customers to confirm details of their contract and review transaction pricing using the tools provided.
- As required, works with the audit group to confirm how to properly document more complicated transactions
- Sends out legal documents to Vendor/Broker and/or Lessee
- Registers appropriate liens through appropriate Provincial collateral Registries to perfect security (to ensure enforceability of documents and a priority on equipment to minimize losses in the event of contract default.)
- Follows up for the return of documents, as required
- Reviews all transaction documentation to ensure it is properly executed and in compliance with credit authorization and pricing guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all provincial and federal regulations and internal company policies, including but not limited to Reducing the Risk (Anti-Money Laundering), Know Your Customer, and Information Security & Privacy
- Works with Vendors/Brokers/Lessees to address any documentation deficiencies
- Prepares Lease packages for Audit
- Scans and uploads all documentation into the Application system and submit it for Audit
- Works with Audit to deal with any issues or additional information which may be required
- Follows-up with the Vendor/Broker/Lessee on all non-material transaction deficiencies as identified by Audit
- Updates and distributes indirect lease program pricing information, as applicable, at the direction of the Broker Manager, and maintains a database of indirect contacts.
- Learns various vendor and/or broker programs, fee structures and special handling of specific accounts
- Prioritizes tasks for the workday and re-evaluates priorities as new tasks are required.
- Provides reception relief as needed
What you can bring to this Role:
Share your credentials, and keep in mind your related experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of administration experience preferably in financial services.
- Knowledge of leasing industry considered an asset but not required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Developed computer software skills, including spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with customers and all levels of staff.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
- A confident personality who truly enjoys working with people.
- Aptitude for mathematics including financial calculations.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding environment.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
What's in it for you?
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your clients!
Did you know our leadership team has worked in the Canadian finance industry for a combined 120 years?
Dress for your day! Be comfortable when you can!
This is not your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes base salary, a performance bonus, vacation, personal &sick days, personal development funding, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Come and Be the Difference in our Growth!
Meridian OneCap is committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities and Members in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Meridian OneCap.
Follow us on Twitter at
Connect with us on LinkedIn