Our goal is to provide environmental consulting services for manufacturing clients. LARson Inc is a family business that offers specialized technical field services for storm and sanitary sewers to resolve wastewater treatment and compliance issues.
Our work environment includes:
- On-the-job training
- Flexible working hours
- Growth opportunities
We are looking for an Environmental Technician to join our team and help us monitor and protect the environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting environmental assessments, collecting samples, analyzing data, and preparing reports. They should also have a strong understanding of environmental regulations and be able to identify potential risks and develop solutions. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Monitor and assess environmental conditions.
- Conduct field sampling and prepare samples for laboratory analysis of air, water, and soil samples.
- Prepare reports on environmental conditions and compliance with regulations.
- Collect data for environmental reports.
- Environmental compliance, such as waste and packaging audits.
- Conduct daily inspections and operation of any wastewater treatment system that is under contract.
- Respond to environmental emergencies.
- University or college diploma in environmental studies, planning, chemistry or related field
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Physically fit and capable of working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Guelph, ON N1E 4L7