Come join the Northwood team!
Northwood is a place of “firsts.” When life changes, and society changes, Northwood leads the way, with our commitment to quality and our promise of service. From new ideas to new technologies, we are empowered to do this, because our focus is on people, not on profit margins. At Northwood, it is not just the care we provide, but also the conversation we have while doing it.
For over 57 years, Northwood has led the way as Nova Scotia’s most dynamic continuing care organization. We are committed to innovation and change. We are recognized both here at home and across Canada as an extraordinary example of the power of social justice.
We are currently accepting applications for a Bus Driver to join our team.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent education and experience).
- Class 4 Provincial or Territorial Commercial Vehicle with a clean drivers abstract.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- One to two years of relevant work experience
- Long term care experience is considered an asset
- Complex geriatric management experience considered an asset
- Sound knowledge of city streets and landmarks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Sound knowledge of personal mobility devices.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Operates a Northwood Bus within the confines of fixed bus routes on a day-to-day basis while transporting persons with various degrees of mobility and health.
- Provides for the safe and efficient transportation of Northwood residents using defensive driving and observational skills in a wide variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Maintains and promotes adherence to safety procedures, participates in training relevant to safety and abuse prevention and co-operates with any person involved in making the Northwood community a safe and healthy environment
Salary: As per Northwood Scale
If this exciting opportunity interests you click APPLY! or visit our Career Page at www.northwood.care
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $22.76 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2020-10-23
Expected start date: 2023-10-25