West Coast Reduction Ltd. – Nothing Left Behind*. Using innovative thinking, progressive processes, and modern facilities, WCRL’s seven plant locations across Western Canada recycle inedible food by-products to create finished products such as protein meals and oils which are then sold to customers worldwide. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Take a look at our About us video for more information https://vimeo.com/352792382 .
Based at our Calgary plant location, we are hiring a permanent, full time Heavy Duty Foreman Mechanic. This role is responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance servicing on commercial transport trucks. Reviewing work orders and evaluating repairs are also important tasks of the role.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Build a stable career at a reputable company with more than 450 employees
- Continuous in-house training opportunities available – all our new drivers are provided hydraulic equipment training during onboarding
- Comprehensive compensation package offered to full-time employees including employer-paid extended health benefits
- Generous RRSP matching for employee contributions after 1 year
Mechanic and Maintenance
- Inspect motors in operation, road test vehicles, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions on all preventative maintenance services
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems using other hand tools/equipment
- Review and discuss work orders with supervisors, and signing off repairs performed
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune ups
- Operate engines such as Cummins, Paccar, Detroit, etc.
- Work with equipment such as vacuum pumps, hydraulics, and winches
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Direct and support workload for Heavy Duty Mechanics, Apprentices, and Welder
- Provide mentorship and supervision to enhance quality of work, reduce re-work, and expand overall competency of garage
- Support Fleet Maintenance Planner and Fleet Dispatcher plan and coordinate corrective and preventative maintenance with the mechanics and fleet welder.
- Conduct and participate in monthly Toolbox Meetings to ensure open channels of communication and share progressions on safety protocols.
- Participate in employee recruitment and performance management with Fleet Superintendent
- Foster a positive team and company culture by ensuring treatment of others is respectful and aligned with company values
- Adhere to the company Code of Conduct and all West Coast Reduction Ltd. policies
- Possession of a valid Alberta Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate or an Interprovincial Heavy Duty Mechanic Red Seal Certification.
- 6-8 years of experience in commercial transport truck repairs or similar environment or industry.
- Previous leadership experience as a lead hand, foreman, or supervisor.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting faults and issues using various manufacturer software’s.
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings, and manuals to determine work procedures.
- Possession of a valid Class 3 Driver’s License and a valid Alberta Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspection License are not required, however an asset
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and animal by-products
INTERESTED CANDIDATES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION VIA THE “APPLY NOW” LINK BELOW.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.