BIG ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW, SMALL ENOUGH TO KNOW YOU
Allnorth is a multi-disciplinary engineering, project delivery, and construction services company. We provide smart and practical project solutions to clients in the metals and minerals, energy and renewables, fiber and chemicals, and infrastructure sectors. With offices across Canada, and into the US and Mexico, we continue to grow!
Our team is our most valuable asset, and a triple bottom line (TBL) philosophy is at the heart of our business. It takes a talented, motivated and empowered team to delight our clients, driving profitability for all parties. When it comes to guiding principles, safety is part of our DNA, we are committed to building and nurturing Indigenous relationships, we support our communities, and we recognize the importance of environmental stewardship.
Our Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate, you will work in a team environment to prepare civil/structural engineering designs and related documents. You will work on assigned projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer while collaborating with other engineers and designers. As a team, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and to high quality standards.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a structural concentration;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience required, preferably in an engineering consulting environment;
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) in British Columbia;
- Basic knowledge of engineering analysis and design software packages such as SAP2000, ETABS and RISA is preferred
- Design experience using AutoCAD 2D and 3D and ProSteel in an industrial setting is an asset
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Periodic site-work and travel time about 25% to 50%, must have no travel restrictions
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
What’s in it for you?
We believe that a happy and fulfilled team leads to exceptional results, which is why we offer a range of perks designed to support your well-being, career growth and community engagement.
- Work schedule and location are flexible, allowing for better work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package includes extended health and dental coverage, a healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee Assistance Program for team members and their families
- A culture of respect and inclusivity fosters long term relationships and a team atmosphere
- Professional development and growth opportunities (e.g. New and Young Worker Mentorship program)
- Opportunity to become a shareholder in a team-owned company
- Team Member Referral Program
- A paid “Volunteer Day” away from work to support the community
- Monthly “Lunch & Learn” sessions
- Opportunities to bond with other team members, have fun and make a difference through involvement in social and safety committees, as well as fundraising and community support initiatives (e.g. Movember, Pi Day, Food Banks, Women’s Shelters, Ronald McDonald House, Earth Day clean ups, etc.).
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF OUR CLIENTS
In joining us you’ll face rewarding, career-developing challenges that enable you to contribute to our clients’ successes, and despite how much we grow, you’ll never be just a number, but rather a vital member of the Allnorth Team.
Engage with us at Allnorth and be empowered to enrich people’s lives, including your own.
Allnorth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.