Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
The Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and coordination of occupational health and safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with provincial regulations, as well as industry best practices. The coordinator will work closely with various departments and stakeholders to promote a safe and healthy work environment, conduct safety assessments, provide training, and assist with incident investigations.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and coordination of occupational health and safety programs and policies, ensuring compliance with provincial regulations, and industry best practices.
- Conduct safety assessments, inspections, and audits to identify potential hazards and risks in the workplace and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Conduct safety meetings and presentations. Lead the joint Health & Safety committee.
- Lead incident investigations to determine root causes, develop corrective actions, and prevent recurrence.
- Provide safety training and orientation for new hires, as well as ongoing training for existing employees, to ensure understanding and compliance with safety protocols and procedures.
- Collaborate with department heads and employees to establish and maintain safety goals and performance metrics, and track progress towards achieving them.
- Assist with the development and implementation of safety-related communications, campaigns, and initiatives to promote a culture of safety within the organization.
- Maintain safety records, documentation, and reporting requirements, including accurate and up-to-date records of safety incidents, inspections, and training records.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to workplace safety, and provide recommendations to improve safety practices.
- Assist with coordinating and managing safety-related programs, such as emergency response plans, hazard communication, and personal protective equipment (PPE) programs.
- Act as a resource for employees and management on safety-related inquiries, concerns, and feedback, and provide support in resolving safety issues.
- Collaborate with external vendors, contractors, and consultants to ensure compliance with safety regulations and standards for any outsourced work or projects.
- Professional certification in occupational health and safety, such as CSO or NCSO.
- COR Audit processes, prefer certified BCCSA Internal COR Auditor.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in occupational health and safety, preferably in a corporate or industrial setting.
- Need to travel to job sites within Lower Mainland and will require valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge provincial safety regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Familiarity with safety management principles, hazard identification, risk assessment, and incident investigation techniques.
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate safety concepts to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite and other relevant Software for documentation, reporting.
The Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator plays a vital role in assisting with the coordination and implementation of occupational health and safety programs, promoting a safe work environment, and ensuring compliance with regulations and standards. If you are a detail-oriented and knowledgeable safety professional who is passionate about supporting a culture of safety, Detail-oriented with good organizational and record-keeping skills. Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams, we invite you to join our team as our Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC V3Z 1A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-05