Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $30.06 - $30.06 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We are currently looking to fill a Casual opportunity for a Rehabilitation Assistant at Chenchenstway Long Term Care located in Burnaby, BC.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Detailed Overview: Under the general supervision of the Manager, Clinical Operations and clinical direction of the Chiefs or Clinical Supervisors for Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy or Recreational Therapy, carries out established Therapy programs. Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist implements services for residents by carrying out established activation programs such as exercise, mobilization, seating and splinting. Reports observations of residents in programs to the therapist (s) and as necessary, to other staff.
- Provides information to volunteers in designated programs such as names of the residents involved and the equipment being used for the specific program.
- Maintains Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy equipment and supplies by methods such as cleaning equipment, maintaining inventories and making recommendations to the therapists regarding the purchase, general maintenance and repair of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a safe and orderly workstation.
- Maintains statistical data and reports in accordance with departmental, organizational, and professional standards.
- Participates in departmental or service meetings by providing feedback on services provided to residents as required.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities by providing input into service modifications or new programs, policies and procedures and participating in task groups as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Completion of a Rehabilitation Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.