Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
As a member of the store's Management team, the Promotions Manager is responsible for managing the weekly in-store promotions and ensuring that the feature area(s) have a good combination of seasonally relevant and 300 deal merchandise, in store specials, impulse items and regular merchandise.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Maintains quality presentation, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the promotions team through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Keeps abreast of upcoming promotions and plans resources and timelines accordingly for the maintenance of the feature areas within the store budget.
- Develops and maintains a weekly plan for current and upcoming deals and advises the Management Team of the promotional plans.
- Executes the weekly deals and ensures the promotional items are placed and priced appropriately in the feature areas.
- Advises appropriate personnel of any products that may require special pricing for sell after the deal.
- Communicates any product shortages prior to the deal to Dealer/General Manager/Buyer.
- Identifies location of all promotional products in the feature area for all staff.
- Ensures that all feature areas are topped up, faced and ready for business before the store closes.
- Manages the sell through of 99 and 199 products, in store specials, FMA products and products in the "AS IS" program.
- Manages and maintains deal bunk area (warehouse), ensuring all products are displayed on the retail floor.
- Experience in retail sales, execution and operations.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and/or managerial experience or relevant experience.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Results-oriented individual who thrives on achieving challenging goals.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Warehouse Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,627.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Caledonia, ON N3W 1Z2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person