About the Company
Canada Royal Milk is a member of the Feihe International group of companies, Asia’s number one infant formula brand. Canada Royal Milk is the only producer of infant formula in Canada, manufacturing quality products from Canadian cow and goat milk, ensuring the highest quality and nutritional value for our customers.
We are an international company with a multicultural workforce that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our team members value and embrace different perspectives and new ideas.
What We Offer
The opportunity to build and grow a progressive company, competitive wages, and extended health benefits.
What We Look For
Curiosity, commitment to learning, and a winning mindset.
About the Role
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, with accountability to the General Manager, the HSE Officer is responsible for making sure that the facility is compliant with all HSE regulations. The HSE Officer will foster a “Safety First” culture of data driven continuous improvement for all aspects of our operations.
This position is responsible for developing, standardizing, and implementing initiatives and communicating policies, strategic projects, programs, and processes to position the site for continued growth. The role is also responsible for frequent site and implemented system audits as well as being a key member of the Joint Health and Safety committee.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Human Resources, Engineering, Business Management or related field
Experience: Minimum 3 years relevant Canadian work experience in Health, Safety, Environment or Quality roles in manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong client service orientation are required for this role.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Ontario OHS legislation and regulations.
· Strong project management experience.
· Knowledge of environmental reporting (Federal and provincial).
Highlights of Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the continuous improvement of company’s Health, and Safety System.
· Champion a Safety-First Culture building consensus across all departments and functions.
· Manage and establish objectives for Environment, Health, and Safety for the company.
· Develop and manage annual budgets for environment and safety related expenditures.
· Co-ordinate and participate on Joint Health and Safety Committee: provide support and direction to instill an employee driven safety structure.
· Establishing site specific H&S reports and communicating performance to management team
· Maintaining accurate H&S records applicable for the site, e.g., OSHA injury & illness logs, environmental permits and testing, training documentation, safety equipment inspection records, etc.
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work occurs during regular weekday office hours. As a food processing company with continuous 24-7 operations, the HSE Officer will be required to work outside of administration hours to maintain a positive safety culture with all departments and functions within the plant. Hours will include some evenings and weekends on occasion.
As a dairy processor and infant formula manufacturer, CRM strives to exceed regulatory requirements for food safety, quality, hygiene, and good manufacturing practices. All employees who enter the processing areas for any reason must comply with all food safety protocols in addition to health and safety best practices.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority for Canada Royal Milk. Therefore, applicants will only be considered who are fully vaccinated, subject to human rights considerations and recognized medical exemptions.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience working in Ontario in a safety role?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- HSE or Quality roles in manufacturing: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person