The Global Sales Coordinator provides a critical link between the head office of Rocky Mountaineer’s operations and the sales force to ensure consistent, clear, and effective communication between the sales team and both internal and external customers.
This position provides sales support and assistance to Rocky Mountaineer Business Development Managers, National Sales Managers, and North American Sales Director. This position also provides general administration support, prepares correspondence and sales material, Salesforce entry and management of established sales processes, as well as ad hoc participation in other sales activities including trade and consumer shows, learning journeys (familiarization trips), and retail selling blitzes.
This role facilitates Rocky Mountaineer’s go to market selling approach through leveraging technology (including Salesforce, Power BI, SharePoint, MS Teams), sharing best practices, and continuously improving sales processes to enable a more efficient and effective operation and strong business results.
Key KPIs include timely and accurate delivery of sales collateral and Salesforce updates, as well as responses to key constituents inside and outside the organization.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Providing assistance in reviewing expense reports for team members
- Payment tracking with Finance
- Basic understanding of budgets
- Salesforce Campaign Management (Entering/Maintenance)
- Marketing Plans (Entering/Maintenance)
- Creating and running ad hoc reports
- Invoice processing through Salesforce
- Salesforce account updates
Team Request/s Management:
- Advertising & collateral requests
- Tradeshow and consumer events coordination
- Gift certificate requests
- Team communication and support
- Assisting in the Learning Journeys administration process
- Liaison between HQ and global outside sales team
- Marketing collateral coordination
- Travel agency and Consortia support
- General administrative tasks as needed and/or assigned
- Attend and participate in industry events, site inspections and trade & consumer shows as needed
- High School graduation, supplemented by at least one-year post-secondary education in general or business administration.
- Background in Account Management is preferred
- 2 – 5 years’ experience working within the Travel/Tourism industry
- Demonstrate experience using Salesforce and Concur is an asset
- Must have extensive background in MS Excel
- Previous work from home experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to respond professionally
- Time management and organization skills
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Comfortable in multi-tasking environment
- Critical thinker who can work independently
- Good Computer skills (database management, spreadsheet & word processing applications)
- Ability to travel internationally